Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Phoenix, AZ 85003
LOCATION: The Salvation Army
Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
SUPERVISOR: Facilities Manager
STATUS: Part Time/Non-exempt
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow directions
- Minimum of one-year Maintenance/Janitorial/Custodian experience
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must possess a positive and professional attitude
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Have good attention to detail and quality while working efficiently
- Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license & successfully complete the official Salvation Army driver’s safety course before driving any Salvation Army vehicle.
- Must be able to work weekends/holidays
- Clean and detail all restrooms daily, ensuring that all supplies are adequately stocked
- Clean and detail all offices and work spaces daily
- Clean, detail and maintain all hallways free and clear of any clutter.
- Clean all light fixtures, replacing light bulbs as necessary, including emergency exit lights
- Clean and polish all baseboards
- Set up / take down tables and chairs as directed by the Corps leadership for regular programming.
- Clean all entrance doorways, including glass and framework
- Clean and maintain all sidewalks, parking lots, playgrounds, curbs, and courtyards; clean and free from clutter
- Trash cans/receptacles (inside and outside) are to be emptied on a daily basis
- Sweeping, vacuuming and waxing of floors
- Dusting furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Keep work area clean and neat to prevent the possibility of fire or injury
- Perform minor maintenance/repair tasks including replacement of light bulbs, painting, light plumbing, etc.
- Complete all of the above tasks as assigned by the Office Supervisor and shift leads
- Other duties may be assigned related to the position
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35©
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The Salvation Army is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified job applicants, job candidates, and employees with disabilities to ensure they enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities and benefits of employment as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. EEO is the Law.