Bike Patrol Officer (SAH)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sahuarita, AZ 85629
- Under direct supervision of the Security Supervisor, responsible for the outdoor protection, safeguarding and security of the casino’s assets, personnel, guests and all visitors during their assigned shift.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the protection of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) assets.
- Prepares and submits reports as required, including patrol log.
- Patrols the casino parking areas.
- Patrols the parking areas for any suspicious activities.
- Inspects bicycle before heading out to include: tire pressure, brakes and chain to ensure safe operation.
- Confers with Management on any detection of infringements or situations worthy of investigation.
- Assists guests with vehicles when they will not start or have a flat tire. Calls for tow trucks or taxis as required.
- During patrol looks for pets or minors left in vehicles.
- Circulates amongst vehicles to ensure safety of outside premises and vehicles by being visible.
- Cooperates with all Law Enforcement Agencies in apprehending anyone involved in criminal activity.
- Observes guests to prevent intoxicated guests from driving off the property.
- Ensure Compliance with all state, Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise and Tohono O’odham Gaming Office Tribal Gaming Regulations.
- Ensures compliance with departmental standard operating procedural manuals and casino policy manual
- Ensures departmental daily records are accurate and maintained.
- May be assigned the additional duty as an EMT if they are selected and meet the casino certification requirements.
- Provides first aide/CPR until advanced care arrives.
- May be assigned the duties of a Security Officer occasionally.
- Maintains a good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs outstanding internal and external guest service by interacting and assisting guests and co-workers.
- Knowledge of Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise’s Internal Controls(IC’s) and Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS).
- Performs other duties as required.
- Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of safety operations and procedures, safety methods and practices, and public/guest service skills in a casino environment.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Knowledge of Basic Computer and Keyboarding skills.
- Ability to ride a bicycle and complete basic bike officers training class.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to follow instructions in verbal and written format.
- Ability to demonstrate moral character, honesty, tact, fairness, lack of prejudice and desire to help when dealing with people.
- Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
- Ability to perform in a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to use good judgment and foresight.
- Ability to obtain and maintain CPR certification.
- Ability to work outside during all weather conditions.