Customer Service Associate (Part -Time) (WHY)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Why, AZ 85321
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service for all internal and external customers. Sells and services customers by utilizing excellent knowledge of company products.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processes retail sales and cash register transactions.
- Restocks shelves and maintains merchandise and visual display standards, ensuring a neat, clean and organized store at all times.
- Greets customer with a positive friendly manner.
- Sells merchandise, suggests selection that meet customer’s needs, advises customers on merchandise price, features and/or fees and services.
- Operates cash register to conduct sales transactions, handles cash and makes change as requires. Wraps or bags merchandise for customer.
- Displays merchandise in accordance with established policies and procedures, ensures that stock levels are maintained and displays are organized, clean, polished and visually appealing.
- Performs general floor maintenance and housekeeping. Ensures that restrooms are clean and fully stocked at all times.
- Prepares food orders for customers.
- Change frying oil as directed.
- Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
- Knowledge of basic cash management procedures.
- Knowledge of retail floor sales techniques.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to operate cash register. Ability to secure and handle cash.
- Ability to work as a team member in a structured working environment.
- Ability to work with timeliness and thoroughness.
- Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
- Skill in providing excellent customer service.