Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Phoenix, AZ 85008
The PC Technician position provides desktop computer support for Arizona Department of Health Services personnel, specifically related but not limited to computing technology. The individual in the role will respond to and independently resolve customer help calls related to problems with the standard hardware, operating system, and ADHS supported software, as well as identify and resolve complex software and hardware problems and communicate resolutions with other ITS staff. This position will educate and assist customers along with spot checking workstations for non-compliant software or hardware.
This position provides 2nd tier computer support to include, desktops, computers peripherals, and printer support. The PC Technician is responsible for routine testing and analysis of desktop computing hardware and software installs, and maintains desktop operating systems and related software to ensure stable performance, evaluates system specifications, and troubleshoots networking and operating system problems. This position may lead desktop deployment projects to implement end-user devices.
– Perform fault isolation by validating, isolating, and correcting faults, and verifying service restoral with customers
– Monitors and manages user accounts, and maintains equipment
– General knowledge of vendor technologies, in-house developed applications and client computing hardware
– Responding to and independently resolving customer help calls
– Installing and configuring desktop hardware, operating systems and software
– Knowledge of performance management model and continuous quality improvement methods in a public health setting
– Must have previous experience and knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, and Windows 7/10
– Develop and deliver an implementation plan to migrate the environment to future versions of PC I LAN Projects
– Design and build the PC/ LAN environment as designed. and conduct pilot migrations to test and verify application compatibility and system performance/stability.
– Demonstrated ability to engage management decision makers in discussions related to agility, business value
– Work in a decentralized and customer facing environment
– Must be able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
– Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be a strong and effective communicator
– Performance Management (PM), and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Lean methodologies
– Computer/Network troubleshooting skills
– Ability to interact with government personnel and build relationships at all levels, and across all business units and organizations
– Ability to communicate effectively with the IT organization, project and application development teams, management and business personnel
– Support a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of public employment, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination