NETCOM Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHEL) Unix/Linux/Solaris OS Systems Engineer Senior
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613
IT: Administrator / Analyst / Architect / Engineer
NCI: As an Enterprise Red Hat Engineer Systems Engineer – Senior, you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies comprising NETCOM Enterprise capabilities. You will support engineering support, testing and technical support in the implementation of the Network Operations (NetOps) capabilities. Support government efforts in continued deployment of enterprise NetOps capabilities that directly support the Army s maturing transformation and modularity concepts, doctrine, architecture, and organizations. This effort provides direct support to the NETCOM CG Priorities. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI’s mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of responsibilities:
- Develop test plans, perform testing, assess and recommend security requirements, document and sustain RHEL operating systems for use within Army Enterprise.
- Install and configure equipment (hardware and software tools) in the EOF. Report the results of the hardware and software tools testing and populate the database.
- Install, configure, test, secure and provide recommendations for Government accreditation of new RHEL technologies to be included in the Enterprise design.
- Draft the following documentation for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL): Tatics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs), Best Business Practices (BBPs), Engineering Installation Plans (EIPs), System Design Plans (SDPs), Systems Integration Test (SITs), and Systems Acceptance Test (SATs). This includes the development of all artifacts to support the accreditation, including a functional architecture with ports, protocols, and services; data flows; management; security plan; and hardware and software list.
- Help resolve ITSM trouble tickets.
- Prepare LOMs for acquisition of hardware and software to support RHEL systems.
Employer’s Job# 2019-3898
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.