Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chandler, AZ 85286
Who We Are and What We Are All About:
- Help build a cleaner, safer and more connected world through a career with Rogers Corporation. At Rogers, our innovative materials technologies enable breakthroughs in clean technology, internet connectivity, mass transit and more — but it’s our people that set us apart. Integrity and respect are at the heart of how we work. We excel at building enduring relationships that foster trust with our colleagues and business partners. We work creatively and cross-functionally a rewarding work environment. For a brighter tomorrow, explore Rogers today across the globe to deliver unique solutions to our customers in the United States, Europe and Asia.
- Rogers Corporation is seeking a Treater Associate that will be primarily responsible to operate and maintain the Treater, test prepreg, work with resin and solvents, maintain process records, and do some resin mixing as well as performing various day-to-day production tasks of the Treater cell. A focus on safety and following all safety protocol is essential to success in this role. This operator must work with all levels of the unit to ensure production goals are achieved and improvements are continuous. In addition, this operator will utilize positive team skills, good written and verbal skills, be mechanically inclined, and be capable of training other operators in order to perform the job satisfactorily. The Associate will utilize PeopleSoft on a regular basis and still assist the team as determined by production needs. The Associate will be responsible for taking initiative and ownership of the process to ensure continuous production through troubleshooting and problem resolution. Duties also involve management of hazardous waste.
Positions are available on B Shift**.
B Shift: 6 PM – 6 AM; Sunday-Tuesday and every other Wednesday
**You may be required to train on another shift.
- Utilize proper operation of equipment to produce materials as specified, based on work instructions provided.
- Focus on safety, and follow specified safety protocol.
- Handle all materials in accordance with best practices and material handling process, as instructed.
- Setup and take down equipment based on material requirements, as specified by work instructions, product requirements, and deviations.
- Maintain accuracy and quality in product output, in accordance with performance standards.
- Perform quality inspection on all materials to ensure product quality standards are met, in accordance with product inspection methods.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Follow Tag Stock Requirement procedures for all applicable materials.
- Log, track and/or input material specifications for various quality and reporting measures.
- Transport materials to designated area with all required documentation included.
- Operate pallet jacks, forklifts and dollies to maneuver, control, and transport materials safely and effectively, as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Must be comfortable working in a chemical environment and may be required to wear a respirator mask.
- Adept at document control and computer literate.
- Able to contribute to process improvements and cost reductions.
- Effective mathematical skills.
- Successful completion of Hazardous Waste (RCRA) Intermediate level training.
- Knowledge and ability to abide by state and federal regulations regarding handling and management on hazardous waste.
- Good work ethic and attendance record.
- Attention to Detail
- Conflict Resolution
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Time Management
- Mechanical/Technical Capacity
- Organizational Capabilities
- Adaptable to Change
- Computer Literacy
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Prior treating, mixing, or related experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- 2 years’ experience in a production/manufacturing related environment.
- Prior experience in Microsoft Excel, PeopleSoft, Document, and Materials tracking software.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Ability to train other operators may be needed.
- Willingness to contribute to process improvements and cost reductions.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
Some areas may require US Citizenship or Permanent Residency due to ITAR regulations.
- Rogers Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
This job description is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, responsibilities, or assignments required of this position. Additional responsibilities and duties can be found in documented Work Instructions or Deviations, or may be provided by your Lead or Supervisor as required. Duties may change at any time with or without notice.
Employees working in this facility may have exposure to fumes or airborne particles, loud equipment, large machinery, and moving parts. Use of a respirator may be required depending on assigned area. Some areas throughout the facility may require use of sterile clothing and/or equipment, steel-toed shoes in accordance with Rogers Corporation’s Shoe Policy, and safety glasses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The Treater Associate must be able to stand on their feet for long periods of time (10-hour shifts); capable of lifting up to 55 lbs. routinely; able to walk up ladders and work on an elevated platform. This position involves bending, stooping, standing and walking on a regular basis throughout the duration of the shift. This position requires use of hands, arms and fingers to reach, lift, pull, push and move materials, as required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work vary by shift, as outlined below:
- B Shift:6pm-6am Sun, Mon, Tue, every other Wed
Employees are expected to work in accordance with their assigned shift. As dictated by business needs, ability to work overtime and maintain flexibility with work schedule may be required.
How You Can Apply for this Position:
- Visit us at:www.rogerscorp.com/careersto apply!
With an outstanding work environment, vast developmental opportunities, and a top- notch benefit package, it is no wonder a large majority of our employees have been with us longer than 10 years. Come join a winning team!
In addition to a competitive salary package, we offer:
- Comprehensive health plans that include medical, dental, vision, and access to complementary and alternative medicine coverage
- Wellness program, including fitness membership reimbursements
- 401(k) with company match
- Participation in discretionary bonus plan
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Generous vacation plan
- Life Insurance
- Strong work/family and employee assistance programs
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee discount program
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Rogers Employees Federal Credit Union
About Rogers Corporation:
Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG) is a global leader in engineered materials to pow