Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chandler, AZ 85225
AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM ASSISTANT
LOCATION: Chandler, AZ
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Corps Officer
STATUS: Part Time/Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in Youth Programming
- A background in education and/or college coursework in recreation or education (either completed or in progress) is preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information
- Trained in First Aid and CPR for children
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both written and verbally, with employers, students, parents, and staff
- Comply with all State and Federal Mandated Reporter policies and statutes
- Must have working knowledge of computer-based programs such as Excel, Word, office telephones, and other office equipment
- Create and implement a weekly schedule that provides students with activities that promote physical and intellectual development
- Coordinate the creation, planning, and maintenance of a safe and healthy learning environment
- Supervise and direct after school staff and volunteers by providing learning tools and encouraging and promoting a positive work environment.
- Demonstrate and utilize positive strategies to support the social and emotional development of all students
- Promote positive behavior and professionalism
- Assist and monitor students and staff during program hours
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date student, staff, and after school program records
- Perform other related duties as requested by employer
- Follow all rules, policies, and procedures of The Salvation Army.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation is needed, reasonable, and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. Employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move 20 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Individual must have the ability to operate a telephone, a desk or laptop computer, access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35©
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The Salvation Army is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified job applicants, job candidates, and employees with disabilities to ensure they enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities and benefits of employment as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. EEO is the Law.