Environmental Services Supervisor (West Valley)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Glendale, AZ 85308
• Applies fair and consistent supervision
• Assists in hiring, termination, and disciplinary actions.
• Assists with the planning and budget preparation for the department.
• Plans and administers work schedules and assignments for direct reports.
• Monitors the performance of direct reports, ensuring adherence to all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise (TOGE) and departmental policies and procedures.
• Provides excellent and friendly service to all guests.
• Supervises personnel which include recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, discipline and problem resolution.
• Trains team members on cleaning, equipment techniques, methods, chemicals and procedures.
• Trains new Environmental Services Attendants on daily maintenance of Casino floor, restrooms, and other task when assigned by Environmental Services Shift Manager.
• Maintains records on team members, equipment and maintenance activities.
• Organizes workload to ensure deadlines are met; schedules all team members and assigns work.
• Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
• Ensures care, maintenance and utilization of equipment, orders adequate supplies to meet work needs.
• Enters and approves bi-weekly Environmental Services payroll.
• Inspects work areas to ensure consistency and quality of work and adherence to established procedures, safety regulations and standards. Prepares daily checklist on daily performance.
• Maintains compliance with department procedures and Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies.
• Responds to inquiries and researches and resolves problems for day-to-day operational issues.
• Properly trains Environmental Services Attendants on how to clean and dispose of Bi-Hazard Waste according to OSHA regulations.
• Coaches/counsels Environmental Services staff when necessary.
• Prepares and submits reports.
• Oversees work schedules for personnel and quarterly rotation schedules.
• Involved in continuously training to ensure Environmental Services staff is updated on new chemicals and cleaning techniques.
• Performs Environmental Services duties as necessary.
• Initiates work orders on any building maintenance issues.
• Inspects the work activities of a group of Environmental Services Attendants and prepares daily checklist.
• Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
• Performs other duties as required.