Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Phoenix, AZ 85003
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ
SUPERVISOR: Kroc Facilities Manager
Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in maintaining a dynamic, multi-faceted facility and experience in supervising staff.
- HVAC certification (Class 1 or 2 EPA Refrigeration Certification, Universal preferred),or must obtain Universal EPA in 90 days after accepting the position.
- Basic understanding of all the mechanical systems throughout the facility.
- Understanding of best practices in handling chemicals and tools associated with the completion of daily tasks.
- Must have the ability to work and relate well with people.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and self-directed with the ability and desire to take projects from beginning through completion.
- Demonstrated experience in all facets of managing staff.
- Ability to teach and delegate tasks to other employees to ensure effective time management.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- May be required to work flexible schedule including weekends and evenings.
- This position may serve as an evening or weekend manager for the entire facility on a rotating schedule.
- Valid driver’s license and insured transportation.
- Current certification in First Aid, CPR, and AED required. If not current, certification must be obtained within 60 days of hire.
- Current AFO or CPO certification – or must obtain within 180 days of accepting the position.
- Certification by and participation in The Salvation Army’s Fleet Safety Program on an annual basis.
- Successful background check is required.
- Oversee all facets of landscaping and grounds keeping including field painting and sign & field lighting maintenance. This may include the use of outside vendors, as approved by the Facilities Manager/Center Director.
- Manage inventory and keep in stock all needed building maintenance supplies. This will include Light Bulbs, Plumbing supply, chemicals, electrical supply, etc. All supplies must be stored safety and according to code. Flammable or dangerous chemicals must be kept in appropriate cabinets/storage areas.
- Welcome and manage vendors scheduled by Facilities Manager and schedule vendors/contractors as requested by Facilities Manager.
- Responsible for the Kroc Vehicle Fleet. Vehicles must be kept clean and in good operating order. This will include oil/filter changes and routine maintenance (vehicles are to be taken to approved vendor for servicing).
- Responsible for the cleaning and organization of all maintenance Shops/Storage Rooms. This will include careful storage and monitoring of all tools used by staff. Staff must be trained to always keep tools clean and return after use to proper storage areas. All equipment must be stored under lock & key.
- Assist the FM in developing systems, procedures, policies, staffing requirements, work assignments, schedules, and budgets necessary to achieve an efficient, safe, and successful operation.
- Assist FM in the hiring, training, supervising, evaluating, and scheduling of the Maintenance Technicians who are responsible for the direct maintenance of buildings, fields, outdoor spaces, and vehicles.
- Assist to maintain and monitor a building-wide energy management system and recommend upgrades as technology and need dictates. Manage energy resources and the associated costs.
- Conduct audits, as assigned, and recommend and implement strategies for energy and other resource efficiencies.
- Monitor the physical plant related to the natatorium: HVAC, filtration, and sanitary systems. Work with the Aquatics Coordinator to prescribe preventative maintenance and schedule weekly, monthly, and annual cleaning of the aquatic facilities. Track and maintain appropriate chemical levels in all bodies of water based upon state or national standards.
- Assist FM in developing written procedures and standards for a preventative maintenance program for the building, equipment, and grounds. Implement and monitor program.
- Maintain prescribed risk management standards to include certification, in-service training, and accident/incident report tracking.
- Assist FM in developing and maintaining master schedule for the facility, including the coordination of scheduling of maintenance activities to minimize the impact on programs, activities, and events.
- Coordinate logistics as assigned for the rentals, tournaments, special events, and activities occurring in the building or on the grounds. This includes room set-up and tear-down, staffing, access, security, budget, parking, etc.
- Assist in auditing performance and compliance with terms of service contract. Approve affiliated invoices.
- Assist in developing systems that safeguard all facilities, supplies, and equipment related to the buildings and grounds of the RJKCCC.
- Assist in overseeing computer support staff and systems, and work with the THQ IT Department as necessary to insure and maintain a high degree of functionality.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees, guests, and members of the RJKCCC.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and management team meetings as directed.
- Create and maintain systems for timely and accurate record keeping, including the areas of repair logs, accounting of expenditures, and other reporting, as required.
- Other duties as assigned as they relate to the position of Assistant Facilities Manager.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests if the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35©
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The Salvation Army is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified job applicants, job candidates, and employees with disabilities to ensure they enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities and benefits of employment as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. EEO is the Law.