Production Control Representative
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
tempe, AZ 85281
Coordinate and expedite the flow of parts and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Examine documents, materials, and products, and monitor work processes, in order to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
• Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities.
• Confer with department supervisors and other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
• Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, and engineering.
• Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, and customers to coordinate production and shipping activities, and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
• Requisition and maintain inventories of materials and supplies necessary to meet production demands.
• Calculate figures such as required amounts of labor and materials, manufacturing costs, and wages, using pricing schedules, adding machines, calculators, or computers.
• Distribute production schedules and work order to departments.
• Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, and customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.