Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Phoenix, AZ 85008
This position delivers a quality of excellence by providing leadership and support in developing,organizing and maintaining the execution of custodial operations, activities and staff, which result in keeping a well-maintained Garden facility that is comparable to the best museums and destination attractions in the nation. The Custodial Supervisor is responsible for the overall care and cleanliness of the behind the scenes facilities and public areas of Desert Botanical Garden.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise the daily cleaning operations of the Garden.
• Maintain Garden quality standards by completing daily quality control checks of
• Work directly with Director of Operations, and third party vendors, regarding custodial
management to ensure best quality of cleanliness for Garden guests.
• Set staffing goals and work with Director of Operations to develop logistical strategies to
exceed cleaning standards.
• Perform daily and weekly routine cleaning and custodial maintenance on building
• Promote and provide exemplary guest service for all guests.
• Assume responsibility for cleaning supply inventory (cleaning supplies, paper products)
for specific assigned work areas; order and re-supply from third party vendor when
• Develop staffing schedules that fit the dynamic nature of Garden operations.
• Understand and demonstrate the proper use of safety practices & ensure training
standards are maintained for the department.
• Provide staff with training; ensure procedural documentation & reports are updated and
maintained on a consistent basis.
• Remove trash from buildings and trails.
• Schedule and lead special cleaning projects including cleaning carpets, waxing floors,
scrubbing walls and cleaning glass.
• Respond to visitor and staff concerns in a manner that ensures a positive outcome for
both the visitor and the Garden
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities
by following established Garden policy, procedures and training
• Perform other duties as assigned
1. Five (5) years of custodial experience; Three (3) years of supervisory experience
2. Ability to work weekends and holidays
3. Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles
4. High level of self-motivation with a strong attention to detail
5. Knowledge of OSHA regulations regarding chemicals used in cleaning
6. Ability to operate floor equipment
7. A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and the ability to operate a
8. Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task effectively
9. Ability to lift and move items up to 50 pounds
10. Good communication and time management skills
11. Flexibility and dependability of schedule, to include weekends, holidays and evenings