Maintenance Specialist (TUC)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tucson, AZ 85756
- Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, responsible for the general maintenance and repair of all casino facilities, grounds and equipment in the areas of electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
- Provide supervision to other staff members in the absence of the supervisor.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains buildings by performing major and routine painting, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and other related maintenance activities using hand tools.
- Maintains and repairs electrical equipment such as switches, outlets, light fixtures, ballasts, breakers, panels and other electrical equipment, conforming to electrical code.
- Maintains and repairs plumbing fixtures such as faucets, sinks, drains, water heaters, pipes and other plumbing related equipment, conforming to plumbing code.
- Follow and maintain any preventive maintenance schedule for all buildings and equipment.
- Receives work assignments via work orders, executes assignments and returns completed work orders as directed.
- Provides direction to Maintenance Technicians.
- Maintains and ensures maintenance tools and equipment are in safe working condition.
- Notifies Maintenance Supervisor concerning needs of major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, cooling, plumbing and equipment.
- Contacts and coordinates work with outside vendors as directed.
- Conducts inventory of materials, re-orders, and stocks materials.
- Observes safety rules and maintains a safe environment.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of use of maintenance tools, chemicals, cleaners, and disinfectants.
- Knowledge of the methods and practices used in preventive maintenance and repair work.
- Knowledge of commercial fire prevention systems.
- Knowledge of building management systems.
- Knowledge of the operations of a central plant.
- Knowledge of water purification and treatment systems.
- Knowledge of commercial plumbing hardware and operations.
- Knowledge of critical and emergency power distribution systems.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and applicable safety practices.
- Knowledge of rough and finish carpentry.
- Knowledge of advanced plumbing, carpentry, electrical and general building repair.
- Knowledge of general maintenance safety practices and precautions.
- Knowledge of concepts of electricity and safety practices related to electricity.
- Ability to use hand and power tools, torch and welder using prescribed safety procedures.
- Ability to use electrical testing equipment and interpret readings.
- Ability to interpret electrical wiring diagrams/drawings.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical problems such as shorts, outages, faulty equipment or other electrical problems.
- Ability to trouble shoot and repair plumbing problems such as leaking pipes, broken valves and other plumbing problems.
- Ability to communicate, read, and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to prepare and maintain work orders.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to learn theory and principles, and to become certified in a variety of building trades.
- Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
- Skills in the safe operation of power tools and shop equipment.
- Skills in diagnosing and repair of equipment utilized.