Sales Account Manager - 11489
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Casa Grande, AZ 85194
Requisition #: 11489?
Shift : 1?
Start Time :? 8:00am?
End Time :? 5:00pm?
Schedule Days : Monday – Friday?
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs week)?
Sell new and used machinery successfully as measured by the actual sales volume compared to the sales potential of the assigned territory.? Sell machinery on a profitable basis as measured by gross profit on each sale, and cumulative gross profit at fiscal year end.? Accept sales responsibilities and pursue the standards of performance to the satisfaction of management.
- Knows the features and applications of all Empire products and services.
- Knows the customers and their operations. Services the customer’s needs.?
- Prepares the sales invoice. Maintains current customer call list.? Completes and submits reports.
- Knows the competitor’s product and how it compares with Empire’s. Looks for and obtain new prospects.
- Requests, plans, and executes demonstrations.
- Generates profitable sales of Empire delivered solutions.
- Delivers on business plan sales of prime products, rental, parts and service.?
- Maintains a technical understanding of mining, agriculture and construction industries and customer value drivers in these industries.
- Educates customers on the benefit of using Empire supplied products to increase productivity/streamline processes.
- Develops a marketing plan that ensures success of the sales plan. Completes Annual Forecast.
- Budgets and manages expenses relative to value of sales to achieve maximum levels of profitability.
- Work safely at all times.? Adhere to all applicable safety policies.? Comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Maintains vehicle, office and other materials.
- Knows the history of Empire and Caterpillar.
- Pursues a self-development and self-analysis program.?
- Learns and uses Empire, Caterpillar and Allied product procedures and systems.
- Mentors account managers and PSSRs to better leverage Empire coverage.
- Communicates with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of job.
- Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of EMPIRE’s Six Sigma program.
- Works within and promote corporate values.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- In-depth knowledge of the Caterpillar product line, Empire’s customers and their operations.
- Mechanical aptitude sufficient to relate to mechanical applications and failures.
- Knowledge and skills to operate and understand sales force automation and customer contact management tools.
- Knowledge and skills to operate web based information platforms.
- Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming adhere to company policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
- Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to work cooperatively with people and consummate sales transactions.
- Must have proven sales skills, be familiar with equipment financing and taxes, and know wholesale and retail used equipment markets.
- Must have a working knowledge of Caterpillar and competitive construction equipment product line and equipment application.
- Must be able to comprehend equipment specifications, price lists, catalogs, and common industry reference material.
- Must have effective, pleasant verbal communications skills.
- Must be able to write legibly and perform common calculations quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies and use of all required safety equipment.
- Ability to maintain consistent attendance.
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED), college graduate preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk; or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This position is designated as a “Safety-Sensitive Position”.?? A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that the employer in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others, which includes any of the following:? operating a motor vehicle, other vehicle, equipment, machinery or manufacturing process, the malfunction or disruption of which could result in injury or property damage; performing duties in the residential or commercial premises of a customer, supplier or vendor; working in any occupation subject to feder