CHAPLAIN - 15175/13840/65517
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Florence, AZ 85132
Facility: ARIZONA STATE PRISON – FLORENCE WEST
Compensation Base: 29120.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): 0.00
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Facilitates, schedules, and coordinates all religious and volunteer programs for the institution.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides spiritual guidance and clinical pastoral education regarding personal, family and spiritual problems.
- Visits living areas and those hospitalized on a regular basis.
- Plans, directs and coordinates all aspects of religious program and volunteer services, including selection, approval and training of both lay and clergy volunteers.
- Conducts worship services, sacramental observations and religious educational programs for detainees assigned to the facility.
- Provides and updates programs for presentation to newly-arrived detainees that orient them to the Chaplain’s office and current religious programs.
- Ensures that all religious programs are in compliance with company and contracting agency policies and industry standards.
- Maintains close relationship with community religious resources and approves any donations of equipment or materials for use in religious programs.
- Counsels detainees/inmates, family members and staff.
- Maintains attendance and confidential records.
- Assures equal status and protection for all religions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Meets the certification standards of the American Correctional Chaplains Association.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in providing clinical pastoral education.
- Properly credentialed to conduct religious services according to the teaching of his/her particular religion or denomination.
- Must have current ecclesiastical endorsement by appropriate religious certifying body.
- Clinical Pastoral Education or equivalent specialized training required.
- Must possess good presentation, communication and organizational skills.