Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Prescott, AZ 86305
Performs work associated with the coordination and inspection of construction projects; and performs related duties as assigned
• Inspects NewWave/Sparklight utility construction projects to ensure the project meets construction guidelines and conforms to company standards and specifications.
• Inspects all phases of construction projects, including but not limited to, trenching, pipe installation, and aerial cable installations.
• Oversees work of contractors to ensure work meets contract specifications.
• Coordinates projects with private engineers, City engineers, City maintenance personnel, utility representatives, underground and aerial contractors and other government entities.
• Maintains records of ongoing construction for as-built references, pay request approval and plan verification.
• Makes field adjustments and redesign decisions to resolve problems or conflicts and authorizes change orders regarding it.
• Attends pre-construction meetings with City design engineers to review plans for utility projects.
• Responds to questions, concerns and complaints regarding utility construction projects.
• Reviews and comments on design plans and specifications prior to bid.
• Other duties and/or responsibilities not specifically set forth above may, however, be assigned as needed.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to five years of HFC/cable construction experience required or six to seven years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Completion of System Technician course preferred.
Must successfully complete NCTI Fiber Testing and Maintenance course and Cable One Technical Training Center system technician course for position.
• Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and city laws, ordinances, codes and regulations applicable to area of assignment.
• Knowledge of NEC & NESC.
• Knowledge of construction principles.
• Knowledge of principles of projects cost accounting.• Knowledge of construction inspection principles and techniques.
• Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment, and safety hazards of construction projects.
• Skilled in reading and interpreting blueprints, architectural and engineering drawings.
• Skilled in organizing and coordinating large construction projects.
• Skilled in monitoring the work of contractors.
• Skilled in setting up and maintaining records.
• Skilled in managing project budgets.
• Skilled in resolving problems related to construction projects, contractor compliance and project design.
• Skilled in working cooperatively with others.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.