Project Field Coordinator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Phoenix, AZ 85020
POSITION TITLE: PROJECT FIELD ADMINISTRATOR – CIVIL
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT
The Project Field Administrator will oversee administrative functions for the Department to include tracking and reporting daily activity and invoice processing. This position will respond to client requests and support business operations to ensure department efficiency and compliance with all documentation protocols. This position will help with overall department organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Employee shall perform all duties and responsibilities with Sunland’s Core Values at the forefront.
- Responsible for preparing project submittals, assisting with putting change orders together and preparing for weekly project meetings.
- Relay work orders, messages and information to and from crews and supervisors.
Assist Project Managers and Project Engineers with daily duties/tasks.
- Apply for and pull project permits.
- Process production accounts payable invoices promptly and accurately.
- Maintain all project logs, files and computer generated documentation.
- Process documents, prepare reports, and maintain files and records for the department.
- Invoke Sunlands Core Values.
- Confer with management and agencies to promptly address requests, questions, and concerns.
- Establish relationships with internal and external clients to strengthen line of communication to provide excellent customer support and agreeable outcomes.
- Attend weekly job review meetings.
- Serve as front-line Company representative and must provide excellent service to the customer and to the public.
- Answer telephone calls, log messages and respond to questions and direct callers appropriately.
- Any and all duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- This position is considered a safety-sensitive position and is subject to the companys drug and alcohol policy, as well as all OHSA regulations.
- All employees must wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow all safety guidelines at all times as an essential part of their job responsibilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required possess mobility to work in a standard office setting, to have the stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 50 pounds, vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- The employee must be able to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment in a variety of different situations. While working, the employee might be exposed to various chemicals, vapors, pollutants, gases, uneven surfaces, loud noises, moving vehicles or machines and dust/debris.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Must be willing to travel to any and all jobsites without exception (including staying away from home if necessary.)
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous construction industry experience highly preferred.
- Strong computer, written and oral skills required.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Must be fluent in English (i.e., must be able to speak, read and write English).
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
- Passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check is required.
Sunland Asphalt is an equal employment opportunity employer and, as such, we consider individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by state and federal regulations will be met. Discriminatory or harassing conduct in the workplace, whether committed by management or non-management employees or outside person (vendors, customer, etc.) is prohibited.
This job description is not meant to encompass all tasks and or job responsibilities, but rather it is meant to provide the employee with a general summary of what the position entails. Sunland Asphalt has the right to amend or revise this job description at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made when it does not impose an undue hardship on the company to do so.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management. Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Employee Signature ___________________________________________________________ Date _______________________
Revised January 2020 Page 1 of 3