Principal Database Developer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
OPENTEXT – THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
The InfoArchive group of OpenText Enterprise Content Management platforms division is focusing on the development and maintenance of the InfoArchive product line. InfoArchive is a unified enterprise archiving platform that stores structured data and unstructured content in a single, consolidated repository. This product enables corporations to preserve the value of enterprise information in a single, easily accessible, compliant, unified archive.
As the sales and usage of InfoArchive is increasing OpenText is looking for people that will join a new development team in ….
As a Principal Database Developer, you will work on a proprietary XML database as part of the continuing success and design of the InfoArchive product. Over time you will work on the backend database systems as the InfoArchive architecture evolves to PostgreSQL and Lucene storage systems. You will work under little to no supervision and within general practices; implement features for a wide range of complex software modules in Java. To ensure product functionality completeness and the highest quality of work, you will work closely with product managers, QA engineers, technical writers, support engineers and other engineering teams worldwide. Assignments may include new products as well as upgrades, and enhancements or fixes to existing products.
You are great at
- Implementing excellent code employing best practices and applicable design patterns while validating it with unit tests and integration tests
- Leading design specs, architectural reviews and code reviews
- Working on unusually complex and sensitive problems and provide state-of-the art solutions that are highly creative.
- Acting as lead contributor to the team and the organization as a whole. Not hesitating to be involved in developing, mentoring or coaching others.
- Being accountable for delivery of subsystem, anticipating issues and addressing them proactively
What it takes
- MS or PhD in CS or a related technical field and 10+ years of enterprise software development experience
- Strong knowledge and experience (5+ years) with Java development of highly concurrent systems
- Strong knowledge of data structures, distributed systems, multithreading programming, performance optimization
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- In dept knowledge with design patterns and architectural patterns (e.g. high availability, disaster recovery, database design, ACID, CAP, locking, transaction management)
- Working knowledge of XML related standards (e.g. XSD, XQuery, parsing techniques)
Employer’s Job# 541652517A1
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.