Veterans' Priority of Service is the right of an eligible "Covered Person" to be given priority of service over eligible non-covered persons when referring individuals to jobs openings, Department of Labor-funded training programs and related services (Jobs for Veterans Act - (PL 107-288). The AZ Job Connection registration process quickly determines veterans' eligibility and identifies veterans' resumes listed on AZ Job Connection with an American Flag. You are a "Covered Person" and are entitled to Veterans' Priority of Service if:
- You served in the military or air service and were discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable as specified in 38 U.S.C. 101(2); or
- You served in active service including full-time National Guard or a Reserve component, other than full-time duty for training; or
You are the spouse of:
- Any veteran who died of a service-connected disability; or
Any member of the armed forces serving on active duty who, at the time of application for the priority, is listed in one or more of the following categories for a total of more than 90 days:
- Missing in Action
- Captured in the line of duty by a hostile forces
- Forcibly detained or interned in the line of duty by a foreign government
- Any veteran who has a service-connected disability rated as total, as evaluated by the Veterans Administration; or
- Any veteran who died with a service-connected disability rated as total, as evaluated by the Department of Veteran Affairs.
For more information on program eligibility and Veteran Priority details, visit or contact your local Arizona Workforce Connection Career Center (also called a One-Stop) or Employment Service office. A list of centers is available on our contact page.