Secondary school diploma
Method of Delivery
Instructional Program (CIP)
Students will learn all facets of operating as a freight broker, including prospecting clients, marketing, sales, negotiations, developing freight rates, types of equipment, use of equipment, locating and matching freight needs, market analysis, comparative rates, legal and liability in transportation, account receivable and accounts payable.
Students will also perform on the job training including, contacting manufacturers and quoting freight movements, negotiating the rates on those loads and performing the due diligence required such as shipper credit checks and carrier safety scores.
An exit examination will be given to ensure students meet the minimum competencies outlined in this course.
Students may repeat the course test after consulting with a professor to help explain wrong answers and help with the understanding of the material, at no charge, if they do not receive a passing score.
Upon completion of the class, students receive a Master Broker Certificate of Completion.
ALL ATTENDEES MUST READ TEXT BOOKS AND WATCH 6.5 HOURS OF DVD Video Training BEFORE attending any HANDS ON training.
Prerequisite: Must be 18 years of age. (Picture ID required)
Fright Broker 5 Day Class – The course is offered the first Saturday of every month in our Arizona location, classes are held Saturday through Wednesday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This Program Prepares individuals to obtain their License with Freight Broker License with FMSCA(Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration). Licensing cost is not included in Tuition and is paid to FMSCA.
Total Tuition Cost $2,000
a) Tuition: $2,000
b) Registration: NA
c) Books: Included (Broker Operations Manual)
d) Supplies: NA
e) Testing/Exam: Included (can retake exam until successfully passes at no additional charge)
f) Graduation: NA
g) WIA Contact for Enrollment Status and Credential Verification:
Joel Petersen 1(800) 776-7067
h) Website Link: http://loadtraining.com/hands-on-training-classes
[link to institution program information]
i) Additional Info: Individuals with a Felony on their record pertaining to things such as: Fraud, money laundering and embezzlement will not be able to perform in this industry and will not be accepted into class.
Student Refund and Grievance Policy: (Based on hours and days)
a Three-Day Cancellation:
An applicant who provides written notice of cancellation within three days (excluding Saturday, Sunday and federal and state holidays) of signing an enrollment agreement is entitled to a refund of all monies paid.
No later than 30 days of receiving the notice of cancellation, the school shall provide the 100% refund less cost of books and study materials.
b The student may reschedule to a future seminar date within 30 days of the booked seminar.
c If the student cancels within 30 days of the seminar the deposit is forfeited.
d Refund will be issued when all business and study materials are returned in working condition.
e Refund for the student once the seminar begins.
1) If the student completes 10% or less, school may keep 10% of the tuition and refund 90%.
2) If the student completes more than 10% but less than 20%, school may keep 20% of tuition and refund 80%,
3) If the student completes more than 20% but less than 30%, the school may keep 30% of the tuition and will refund 70%.
4) If the student completes more than 30% but less than 40%, the school may keep 40% of tuition and will refund 60%.
5) If the student completes more than 40%, but less than 50%, the school may keep 50% of tuition and will refund 50%.
6) If the student completes more than 50% the school may keep 100% of the tuition and no refund is due.
Credentials: (The following questions must be answered along with a supporting explanation for each)
- Industry Recognized: (Developed and offered by, or endorsed by a nationally-recognized industry association or organization representing a sizeable portion of the industry sector)
Yes or No:
Nationally Recognized Industry Association or Organization: FMSCA
- Stackable: (Part of a sequence of credentials)
Yes or No:
Career Pathway: Yes, Trainers, Supervisors, Administration
- Portable: (Recognized in other geographical areas; by other educational institutions; or by other industries/companies)
Yes or No (Explain): Can be used state to state
- Accredited Curriculum: (This is referring to the course being accredited, not the test or school)
Yes or No: YES
Accrediting Agency and link to website: PPSE
Credential Attainment Rate: Percentage of students in the last 24 months who obtained a postsecondary credential, or secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent, during participation or within one year after exit from the training program.
Program Length (Weeks)
WIOA Approved Program
Curriculum Competency Based
11116 W California Ave, Youngtown, AZ 85363
7 - Maricopa County, Maricopa Workforce Connections
Type of Attainment:
Name of Credential
Master Broker Certification (Certificate of Completion)
Type of financial aid offered or have access to
Yes – in synopsis
Is the proposed curriculum currently certified by an accrediting agency or similar national standardization program?
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for women?
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for men?
$2,000.00 Total Tuition
Total In-State Program Cost