Community college certification
Method of Delivery
Hybrid or blended
Instructional Program (CIP)
Program Name: Web Application Development (CCL)
Program Code: 5835N
Course Objective: Description: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Web App Development prepares students for employment in entry-level coding, programming, and software development positions with an emphasis on web apps. Courses in this certificate can apply toward the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Mobile App Development and Certificates of Completion (CCL) in Mobile App Development and Cross-Platform App Development.
This certificate is stackable into several larger programs of study:
Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Information Technology (3196)
Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Web Design/Development (3185)
Competencies to be achieved:
1. Design and develop a user interface that utilizes professional UI/UX principles. (CIS133DA, CIS166AA, CIS233DA)
2. Design and develop applications that meet the client’s needs utilizing the appropriate controls for the appropriate platform. (CIS105, CIS133DA, CIS166AA, CIS233DA)
3. Develop effective, efficient, tested code that meets specifications. (CIS105, CIS133DA, CIS166AA, CIS233DA)
4. Analyze problems using critical thinking skills and design program solutions. (CIS105, CIS133DA, CIS166AA, CIS233DA)
5. Research and evaluate professional resources to effectively apply them to a problem. (CIS133DA, CIS166AA)
6. Communicate in varied settings, both orally and in writing, in a culturally responsive manner to function well in a diverse and collaborative team environment. (CIS233DA)
7. Practice industry accepted professional and ethical behavior. (CIS133DA, CIS233DA)
Total Cost of Program:
Tuition: $1,050 (12 credits x $85)
Course Fees: $42
Registration Fee: $15 (Per Semester)
C. Books: None, additional materials provided by instructors
D. Required supplies: Computers and software are available for on campus use. If students want to work from off campus, they will need a computer.
WIOA Contact for Enrollment Status /Credential Verification
Student Services Specialist
F. Direct Website link to the program:
G. Additional info:
Background check: None
Program prerequisite course: CIS105 (Survey of Computer Info Systems) or permission of program coordinator (permission granted for established computer literacy)
H. Refund Policy (provide a summary if Refund policy is not listed on school website):
I. Credentials: (The following questions must be answered along with a supporting explanation for each)
Industry Recognized: No
Nationally Recognized Industry Association or Organization: Employers are most interested in seeing applicants who have published apps to the various stores (Apple, Google, and Windows)
Career Pathway: The Web Application Development (12 credits) feeds into a 21 credit CCL in Web Foundations, a 39 credit CCL in Web Development, and others.
Portable: Yes, the languages and tools learned are universally used.
Accredited Curriculum: No, the curriculum is not individually accredited; the program is approved by the Higher Learning Corporation and the Department of Education Accrediting Agency and link to website: https://hlcommission.org/
J.. Credential Attainment Rate: Undetermined. The program is in its second year.
Program Length (Weeks)
WIOA Approved Program
Curriculum Competency Based
South Mountain Community College; 7050 S. 24th St.
5 - City of Phoenix, Phoenix Workforce Connection
Name of Credential
Web Application Development
Type of financial aid offered or have access to
Is the proposed curriculum currently certified by an accrediting agency or similar national standardization program?
Yes - Higher Learning Commission - https://hlcommission.
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for women?
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for men?
$25.00 Fee covers the cost of the commencement ceremony, which includes regalia, diploma, and diploma cover
$42.00 Course fees
$15.00 Per semester
Total In-State Program Cost
Total Out-of-State Program Cost