Industry certification, Other
Method of Delivery
Instructional Program (CIP)
Course Objective: The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Computer System Configuration and Support program is designed to prepare students for entry-level computer maintenance, help desk, and network technician jobs.
Description: The classes focus on the development of knowledge and skills in computer technologies including system components, installation, system configuration, peripheral devices, and notebooks. Emphasis is placed on hardware installation, maintenance, mobile devices, hardware troubleshooting, proper use of tools, safety procedures, and professionalism. This program helps prepare students for the CompTIA A+ certification exams. Students who complete this program may seek employment in a variety of environments.
Competencies to be achieved:
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
1. Assess computer hardware and software using critical thinking, industry standard tools, and best practices to demonstrate proper installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and service.
2. Demonstrate proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications.
3. Assess operating systems using critical thinking, industry standard tools, and best practices to demonstrate proper installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and service.
Total Cost of Program (include all costs to student including testing, licensure):
$ 765.00 Tuition In-State-Program $2,934.00 Tuition Out-of-State
$ 46.00 Course Fees $ 46.00 Course Fees
$ 45.00 Registration Fee $ 45.00 Registration Fee
$ 319.75 Books (Cost of books is an estimate) $ 319.75 Books (Cost of books is an estimate)
$ 20.00 Recommended USB Drive $ 20.00 Recommended USB Drive
$ 340.00 CompTIA A+ Certification $ 340.00 CompTIA A+ Certification
$1,535.75 In-State-Program TOTAL $3,704.75 Out-of-State Program Cost
Provide a list of all books required for the program (even if cost of books is included in tuition):
$147.75 LSC Phoenix College Combo MS O (Required)
$172.00 LabSim for PC Pro (Required)
$319.75 TOTAL BOOKS
Provide a list of all supplies required for the program (even if costs are included in tuition):
$ 20.00 Recommended USB Drive
WIOA Contact for Enrollment Status /Credential Verification: (Very important, must be accurate)
Name: Julie Plombon
Phone number: 623-285-7840
Direct Website link to the program:
• Background check requirements for licensing and background restrictions for working in the occupation:
• Other requirements needed:
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
Refund Policy (provide a link to the school’s refund policy):
• Industry Recognized: (Developed and offered by, or endorsed by a nationally recognized industry association or organization representing a sizeable portion of the industry sector)
Yes or No: YES
Nationally Recognized Industry Association or Organization: CompTIA A+ Certification
• Stackable: YES – All classes apply to the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Network and Systems Administration degree
• Portable: YES, Nationally recognized certification
• Accredited Curriculum: Yes
Accrediting Agency and link to website: Accrediting Agency and link to website: https://www.comptia.org/landing/aplus/index.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzOaMppu86gIVcQnnCh20RgbfEAAYAiAAEgKg1fD_BwE
Credential Attainment Rate: 0%
Program Length (Weeks)
WIOA Approved Program
Curriculum Competency Based
Assess computer hardware and software using critical thinking, industry sta
1202 W Thomas Road
5 - City of Phoenix, Phoenix Workforce Connection
Name of Credential
CompTIA A+ Certification
Type of financial aid offered or have access to
Not eligible for financial aid.
Is the proposed curriculum currently certified by an accrediting agency or similar national standardization program?
Yes - Higher Learning Commission (HLC) https://www.phoen
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for women?
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for men?
$340.00 CompTia A+ Certification
$46.00 Course fees
Supplies/Materials/Hand Tools (not included in tuition)
Total In-State Program Cost
Total Out-of-State Program Cost