at Wells Fargo in Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as ‘Personal Cell’ or ‘Cellular’ in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Corporate Risk, the Independent Testing and Validation team is responsible for the development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities across the Enterprise in alignment with the Risk Management Framework, and ensuring effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks, and controls according to standards and other applicable policies.
This manager will be accountable for developing and executing independent operational and compliance risk control testing for the Consumer Lending lines of business focusing on emerging issues and targeted testing. Strong business acumen and experience will be a determining factor in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate, thought leaders, and possess demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness, with regard to their accomplishments, and with a proven ability to engage and influence senior management and business and risk partners.
Specific Job Responsibilities include:
• Manage a team that plans and executes compliance and operational risk control testing and is accountable for conducting end-to-end business process walkthroughs, identifying risks and primary and compensating operational and compliance controls, evaluating control design, and testing the effectiveness of manual and automated controls. Supervise the team throughout the life cycle of testing activities to provide ongoing guidance on scope, sampling, testing approach, issues, work papers, quality reviews, etc.
• Develop, maintain and execute the Annual Plan. Ensure Plan includes targeted reviews based on risk and meets internal benchmarks. Anticipate changes in the internal and external environment and adapt the testing program of the team accordingly.
• Lead implementation of strategic initiatives with moderate risk and complexity.
• Develop and manage relationships with the business and implement an effective engagement model for the team and business. Understand applicable business risks and provide effective challenge to business and/or compliance partners when operational controls are missing, inadequate, or ineffective.
• Influence line of business and control executive teams to resolve issues, develop sound corrective actions, and strengthen internal controls. Stay informed of business management’s plans to address corrective actions, and work with the validation team to understand and assess residual risks.
• Collaborate with legal, audit, compliance, and business partners to stay up-to-date with ongoing business process changes, regulatory expectations, customer feedback, etc.
• Assess, document, and communicate emerging risks, themes and identified issues to leadership and risk partners in a timely manner. Provide status updates to key stakeholders on programs and specific reviews where warranted.
• Escalate critical or high risk issues to appropriate leadership. Identify potential corrective actions, and follow through on reporting, escalation, and resolution.
• Improve bench strength of the team. Develop subject matter expertise within the team of all the major products, services, and processes in the line of business and develop a thorough understanding of the laws and regulations, regulatory guidance, and policies and procedures of the functions reviewed.
• Elevate the team’s quality of work performed. Review quality assurance feedback and take appropriate actions to address areas requiring attention.
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities, and implement routines to drive effectiveness and efficiency. Partner with other Products teams to drive synergies across the broader team.
• Write reports that clearly articulate work performed and summarize testing results to business leadership, executive management, and the board.
• As needed, present work performed to audit, regulators, and other business partners.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
• Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
• Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
This position must sit at one of the locations listed in the job posting.
+ 2+ years of leadership experience
+ 7+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 7+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management
+ Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
+ Solid critical thinking skills
+ Strong analytical skills including analyzing complex data
+ Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
+ 4+ years of experience in Audit, Compliance, Risk and Testing
+ Experience cultivating relationships and collaborating with business partners, legal, compliance
+ Audit or compliance related certification such as the CISA, CPA, CIA, CRCM, etc.
+ Knowledge of risk platforms used at Wells Fargo and experience with testing & monitoring activities
+ Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Phoenix, Arizona 85067