at Samuel, Son & Co. (USA) Inc. in Tucson, Arizona, United States
CAID is seeking a Manager of Business Development to lead CAIDs growth within the Defense industry.
This position reports to the Vice President of Sales, Industries business unit. The successful candidate will have a deep and broad understanding of steel manufacturing and our clients short- and long-term objectives.
Candidates must have strong customer knowledge and relationships to identify opportunities in this market and position CAID as a leading provider in those areas.Candidates must have experience and knowledge of a wide array of customer priorities across all functional areas.
Clearance Requirements- [Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire.]
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities and ITAR regulations, U.S. citizenship is required.
Company Overview & Overall Objective: Founded in 1947 CAID Industries a division of Samuel, Son & Co. is a family-owned and operated, integrated network of metal manufacturing, processing and distribution divisions.With over 200 employees located in Tucson, Arizona, CAID provides seamless access to metals, industrial products and related value-added services.Supporting over 40,000 customers, we leverage our industry expertise, breadth of experience and the passion of our people to help drive success for North American business one customer at a time.
What makes CAID unique is the extraordinary variety of work we perform and the can-do attitude that permeates our organization.Our range of capabilities includes engineering, custom fabrication, pressure vessels, large scale manufacturing, factory automation, precision machining, and extensive mine technologies and services.Our staff includes in-house registered engineers, project managers, and design detailers in addition to our highly skilled craftsmen.Located in Tucson, AZ, CAIDs facilities include 25 acres of fenced-in yard and over 230,000 square feet of office and production facilities.
General Overview of what youll be doing:
- Drive growth within the defense market section for year over year growth
- Manages the outside sales team members within the Defense group
- Manages an agile business development team comprised of market-facing business development/client executives and capture managers, while performing as an individual contributor in both market development and capture.
- Develops and maintains a close relationship with the key customers to understand their requirements, plans, goals and concerns to develop new business
- Based on customer assessment, identifies solutions from CAID's platform that are attractive and essential to the customer and then positions CAID as the best company to meet these customer needs.
- Develop strategies for future market changes and assess the likely impact on customers to identify growth opportunities and trends in domestic and international markets.
- Identifies opportunities that customers may not have formal requirements for; creates white papers to propose CAID solutions to help the customer meet their mission requirements.
- In conjunction with CAID's operations leaders, develops the strategic growth plan for the customer area.
- Consults with customer on upcoming requirements to help shape requests for proposals (RFPs) and ensures CAID operations team have full understanding of requirements, constraints, and perceived risks. <
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Samuel Son Co USA Inc
See Company Website
Tucson, Arizona 85701