at Catholic Community Services in Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States
The Program Aide provides support to staff and participants through answering the crisis line, and screening potential participants for admissions. Maintain control over shelter food and supplies, and assist with activities and groups, and the transport of participants. Position may from time to time be stressful and require a high demand of performance. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Promote the safety and confidentiality of participants and shelter
- Provide protection, food and other basic needs with dignity and respect to program participants
- Prepare facility and participants for CACFP meals
- Record CACFP meal counts, serve food according to guidelines and ensure CACFP program compliance
- Utilize the "Empowerment Model" of behavior
- Provide information, resources and referrals
- Monitor the crisis line and assist with participant intakes
- Collaborates and networks with other agencies in coordinating services
- Promote the Safe House Program through community awareness on domestic violence
- Accommodate flexible program scheduling and be open to change
- Provide feedback of participants' progress in meetings and shift notes
- Attend weekly staff meetings and required trainings
- Adhere to licensure regulations, contract compliances and program requirements
- Maintain and stock all program forms
- Assist with the completion of program reports
- May drive agency or personal vehicle on company business
- May perform other duties as assigned
Suitable work experience may be considered as transferable skills in order to meet minimum requirements of the position and will be considered by the Corporate Director of Human Resources.
- High School / GED
- Obtain State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Arizona Driver License, proof of insurance and Arizona Motor Vehicle Division 39- month Motor Vehicle Report
- Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid, Food Handlers Certificate, and TB clearance
- Proven strong communication skills oral and written are clear, concise, and in an organized fashion using appropriate style, grammar and tone
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, officials, community organizations, government agencies and the general public
- Ability to stoop, climb, bend, and reach
- Required to lift 35lbs. 20%
- Associates Degree in related field
- Additional years of directly related experience
- Bilingual English / Spanish, verbal and written
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
We are an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer for all individuals. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.