in Pima County, AZ
Employer Job Title: Day Porter (Cleaning/Janitorial) . .
SUMMARY: Cleans all office surfaces and equipment. Maintains clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of all public dealership work areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans daily work schedule to ensure all dealership areas are spotless and orderly.
- Inspects physical condition of desks, chairs, doors, and walls and advises manager if any items are broken.
- Checks with General Manager and Department Managers for areas which need to be cleaned immediately.
- Inventories stock of cleaning supplies, ensures adequate quantity.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Examines meeting rooms, halls, lavatories, and offices to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment and advises supervisor.
- Records information concerning work assignments and gives to supervisor at least weekly.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, stairways and all other sales, administration, and public work areas.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors, using brooms, mops and power cleaning appliances.
- Vacuums rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture.
- Dusts furniture, equipment and other items in offices and other work areas.
- Washes walls, woodwork, and windows as necessary.
- Empties trash into large central receptacle; transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathrooms supplies as needed from storage inventory.
- Cleans limited section of any furniture to determine safety of cleaning agents needed to clean desired surface finish.
- Cleans excessively stained surface areas with brushes and cleaning compound.