at Chandler/Gilbert ARC in Chandler, Arizona, United States
Earn up to $500 for signing up with CGArc and join our group of compassionate, nurturing Direct Support Professionals who strive every day to make positive changes in the lives of our members with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Be the change that you wish to see in the world. Make an impact in their lives, by learning and growing, while having fun in this rewarding career.
Since 1975, Chandler/Gilbert Arc (CGArc) has been providing contemporary and caring support for our program members, many of whom have been part of the CGArc “family” for 25+ years. With your help, we can continue to fulfill our mission of Facilitating Growth for People with Disabilities through Choice, Experience, Guidance, and Respect. We want to talk to you more, so call, apply online, or stop in and see us today!
Responsibilities of a Direct Support Professional are:
- Developing a rapport and cultivating supportive environments and relationships with the individuals supported.
- Assisting individuals with personal care tasks; such as eating, bathing, toileting, and other daily living activities.
- Assisting individuals with performing household tasks; such as cleaning, cooking, and/or laundering.
- Promoting community inclusion and integration so the individuals supported are active members of their home and community environments.
- Escorting or transporting individuals to vocational or day programs, social activities, and performing household errands. When applicable, encouraging the use of public transportation.
- Participating in the development and implementation of Individual Support Plans (ISP) for the individuals supported and ensuring directives are followed according to state standards.
- Completing all necessary documentation for the provision of services, complying with state and federal standards as well as company policies and procedures.