at Potter's House Apothecary in Peoria, Arizona, United States
Potter’s House Apothecary is a PCAB Accredited compounding pharmacy specializing in Sterile and Non-Sterile Compounding. Compounding is the art of making custom made prescription medications specifically for an individual patient and their unique needs. Our desire is to provide optimal pharmaceutical care while demonstrating superior customer service through compassion, humility, and respect. By partnering with physicians in our community, we aim to enhance our patient’s treatment options and improve their results by customizing medications to meet their specific needs.
The Patient Care Coordinator ensures prescriptions are complete and ready for processing, streamlines the process for prescriptions received, and assists Pharmacy Technicians with follow-up and all patient correspondence.
- Reviews incoming prescriptions for errors or missing information.
- Contacts the patient or healthcare provider to obtain or verify missing information.
- Enters patient demographics information into WinRx.
- Contacts patient to inform them of their insurance coverage, benefits, and copay.
- Verifies shipping info and collects credit card information from patient.
- Processes claim reversals and puts prescriptions on hold.
- Prepares tote for the Lab with prescription label, Dymo label, Rx lab sheet and/or pre-made medication, or sends to Pharmacist for final verification.
- Transfers the patient to the Pharmacist for consultation on new prescriptions.
- Answers all incoming calls and routes calls when necessary.
- Daily follow up calls to patients and providers as needed.
- Daily follow up on clarifications and prior authorizations initiated by data entry technicians.
- Documents entire process in WinRx for tracking purposes.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Requires a Tech Trainee License through the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Impeccable phone communication skills
- Professional and courteous
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume workload environment
- High School Diploma/GED
- Advanced level PC skills experience
- A demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail
Position reports to: Patient Care Coordinator Lead Technician and Pharmacy Manager