at Phoenix Packaging Operations LLC in Chandler, Arizona, United States
Responsible for the supervision and coordination of production and operating employees, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters, machine operators, assemblers, fabricators and plant / system operators.
Essential Job Functions:
- Continuously enforce safety and good manufacturing practices.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters and fabricators.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules and other records / reports to determine production requirements and evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products and equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work safety procedures to train new employees or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production and processing standards.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints or grievances.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders and company policies and procedures for employees.
- Evaluate performance and administer discipline procedures in his/her team.
- Follow all HACCP and good manufacturing practices (GMP’s)
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with US laws
- Perform other related duties that contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree required. Associate’s degree preferred.
Three to five years of previous manufacturing, preferably in the plastics or paper industry
Demonstrated leadership / supervisory experience required.
Previous experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives desired.
- Skills and Abilities:
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Ability to provide consistent leadership, directions, expectations and discipline.
Ability to set high expectations while continuing to motivate employees to excel.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand for long periods of time
- May involve some repetitive motions
- May also engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of materials and material containers
- Must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work 12 hr shifts (4pm to 4am) with Holidays and every other weekend.
- The noise level in the work environment is consistently above 85 decibels when on the production floor.
- During summer months, employee may have to work in temperatures as high as 110 degrees for prolonged periods of time.
- Dust from machine processes is constantly present.
- The employee constantly works near mechanical parts and lift trucks.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or vapors or hazardous products such as degreasers and silicone spray.
- Required to wear steel toed shoes, safety glasses and ear plugs in the manufacturing area.