in County, AZ
The Family Support Specialist is responsible for providing home-based prevention services focusing on supporting the parent child relationship, attachment, and family enhancement through child development education, play, goal setting, assessments, and coordination of services/activities for overburdened families. This position reports directly to the HF Supervisor.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Conducts home visits virtually or in-person and assesses family needs and provide case management services when necessary, while promoting self-sufficiency.
• Utilizes child development curriculum with each family and promote positive parent-child relationships.
• Utilizes floor time to support play within the parent and child relationship.
• Utilizes appropriate limit setting and boundaries.
• Acts as a positive role model.
• Maintains necessary assessments and documentation in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
• Participates in and comes prepared for weekly supervision with Program Supervisor.
• Coordinates with other community services.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled Healthy Families conferences, seminars, in-service training and parent events.
• Maintains all Healthy Families quality assurance standards, ie. Home visitation rate, etc.
• Participates in agency Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma
• Ability to interact effectively with families.
• Knowledge in family life skills.
• Knowledge of child development.
• Experience in working with at-risk children and their families.
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work effectively on a family support team.
• Flexibility in scheduling (able to work limited nights and weekends).
• Adhere to the schedule agreed upon with the supervisor.
• Must be eligible and able to obtain/maintain a level 1 fingerprint clearance card.
• Must be certified in CPR/First Aid
• Location: must be able to provide direct service to the designated client base in the Gila county area.
• Maintain a functional and safe home working space with adequate internet connection for the job.
• Comply with all agency and program policies and procedures including confidentiality, employee conduct, computer usage and dress code.
• Meet program/department’s performance and productivity standards.
• Attend required agency and program/department meetings.
• Follow and model CFR’s core values.
• Participate in PQI initiatives.
• Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license, vehicle and meet agency liability insurance requirements.
• Sitting for extended periods of time daily; standing and walking short distances.
• Moderate twisting, bending, stooping and lifting up to 40 pounds in the performance of assigned duties.
• Normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination required.
• Repeated hand-wrist movement required.
• Ability to use a variety of office equipment and machines as referenced.
The nature of the position involves a fast paced working environment with multitasking of many different duties and tasks. General daily priorities may change at a moments notice and the position requires quick response time and flexibility.