at Microchip Technology Inc. in Chandler, Arizona, United States
At Microchip, we work every day to innovate and develop products that solve our customers' technology challenges. Our team of more than 20,000 people worldwide is dedicated to delivering on the promise of working together to improve lives.
Learn about our that are the building blocks and foundation of our culture and discover how we make a positive impact in the communities in which we operate. We believe our culture fosters trust, collaboration and belonging.
Our people serve the industrial, computing, automotive, communications, aerospace and defense, and consumer market segments. As part of our global team, you can build technology solutions in our six growth areas - 5G, data centers, autonomous driving, the Internet of Things, electric vehicles, and artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Around the world, we are committed every day to recruiting, retaining and promoting people in our diverse workforce. Your perspective, passion and ingenuity will contribute to achieving more as we fulfill our as a leading provider of smart, connected and secure embedded control solutions.
Join our community of exceptional people doing incredible things.
Within the Microchip ecosystem of 18000+ employees is a growing Engineering Support Organization of 100+ Corporate Applications Engineers (CAEs) distributed across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Microchip's Engineering Support team is a group of both new graduates and experienced team members including men and women of many cultural backgrounds and of multiple support roles. This team works together to provide design advice and consultation to clients, promote Microchip products from the vast Microchip product portfolio, and foster win-win solutions with customers using modern tools and channels for customer support. We do our best to have fun on the job by promoting team-building activities from within the group.
As a Sr. CAE, you will develop and apply your knowledge of Microchip Technology's products to collaborate with customers on technical issues. You will perform problem analysis using data sheets, schematics, scope plots, hardware/firmware testing, etc. and provide guidance to help resolve issues from a variety of industries. You will document issues to drive corrective action.
Successful candidates display strong technical, communication, teambuilding, and organization skills. Candidates will employ software development techniques, use design patterns, and help customers organize their software projects for robust deployment. This role will include mentoring opportunities.
* Help customers overcome hardware and software design challenges.
* 32-bit MCU and Ethernet/IOT support.
* Hardware / software debugging using Microchip's development tools.
* Perform root cause analysis and document issues.
* Provide phone and electronic support to customers.
* Engage within a global team environment.
* Author and review articles for Microchip's Knowledge Base, application notes, and other written collateral.
* Facilitate team meetings with other groups and business units.
* Come up with new ideas regarding processes and approaches, and influence others to drive ideas to success.
* Mentor new college graduate CAEs in technology areas and customer interactions.
* Contribute to team infrastructure projects.
* Execute on a personalized development plan designed to improve embedded knowledge and client support skills.
* C language programming.
* Using Altium for schematics and layout for appropriate projects.
* Teambuilding and contributing to group fun.
* Be able to work in the office at least Monday, Tuesday, and 1 additional flex day each week.
* Be able to effectively work at home.
Minimum qualifications include:
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
* 4+ years of professional experience working with embedded firmware and/or hardware.
* High level of proficiency in hardware / firmware debugging.
* High level of proficiency in C/C++.
* Ability to work with electrical schematics.
* Expertise microcontroller peripherals (timers, serial perpiherals, ADC's, GPIOs, ethernet modules)
* Prior exposure to networking protocols
* Strong working knowledge of electronic lab equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyzer, digital multi-meter, protocol analyzers, soldering iron and other tools).
* Pro-active problem solver.
*... For full info follow application link.
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled/Veterans/Minorities/Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.