at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health in Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Pay Range: $18-20.80/hr. (range includes education, experience, and applicable shift differential)
Shift Differential Opportunities!
Hiring Bonus: $1,000
Various Scheduling Options!
The RTC is a beautiful 24-hour 10-acre campus in the heart of Scottsdale. It is a safe, supportive environment that provides various services to youth, from the ages of 5 to 17, who are experiencing emotional, behavioral, or substance abuse challenges. The Campus features dormitories, a therapeutic K-12 day school, food services, medical/nursing, and therapy services.
As a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT), you will work directly with the children/youth to be seen as a positive role model - dedicated and truly caring about their well-being. BHT’s mentor and have fun with kids doing various year-round activities such as art projects, music groups, animal therapy, various athletics (basketball, soccer, Frisbee, etc), and adulthood transition prep! You will assist and support the planning, implementation, and documentation of those programs designed to meet the social, emotional, physical, and personal needs of individuals on Campus.
Benefits and Rewards - http://benefits.devereux.org
We strive to create an inclusive environment, and retain the talented employees who make our organization a great place to work. We offer:
- Retirement – 403(b) through TIAA
- eM Life for Mental Health and Work/Life Programs
- Free access to Payactiv, a platform to get a portion of your earned wages between pay periods
- Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discounts – Available the first day of employment through Carebridge
- Service Awards – All employees celebrating a five-year increment (5, 10, 15, etc.) anniversary receive taxable compensation in recognition of their long-term commitment to Devereux
- Full Time Only: Quality Low-Cost Benefits (medical, dental, vision), pet insurance, plus student loan debt assistance and 30-day benefit eligibility waiting period for new hires! Paid time off (24 days per year, increase with years of service); Sick time (64 hours per year). Student loan debt assistance, tuition reimbursement and continuing education assistance
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- HS Diploma or GED required (Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or relevant field preferred).
- Previous experience working with children/adolescents with behavioral/emotional needs required
- Must be available to attend 2 weeks of required orientation training (paid, Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm) plus additional 2-3 weeks on the job training
- Valid Arizona Driver's License & pass DMV 39-month history check
- Current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card with no restrictions (or eligibility to obtain with no restrictions)
- Pre-employment Physical and Job Demand Assessment (if applicable)
- Drug test within 24hrs of offer w/ negative results
- Must be able to complete and provide proof of current influenza vaccination
- Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate’s understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccine mandate requires staff without an approved medical or religious exemption to be fully vaccinated to be employed in this program. If you are fully vaccinated, you will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved medical or religious exemption prior to starting.
Devereux is committed to the health and safety of our staff. All Devereux centers have formal infectious-disease and emergency-management plans tailored to specifically address the unique aspects of communicable disease prevention including COVID-19. Learn More: https://jobs.devereux.org/#covid.
Devereux has a zero-tolerance policy for abuse and maintains policies and procedures to systematically reduce the risk of abuse to occur in our organization. Devereux fosters a culture of reporting abuse, and will cooperate with the authorities to the fullest extent possible.
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE