in Pima County, AZ
Employer Job Title: Mechanical Service Technician Job ID 01581244
- Performs fabrication, assembly, installation, diagnosis, repair and modification on hydraulic, pneumatic, refrigeration, vacuum, and gas systems associated with test equipment.
- Performs functional and operational tests to check out new and/or repaired units.
- Coordinates with engineers in planning, laying out and making mechanical modifications to test positions and units according to accepted standard practices in order to develop more practical arrangements in this equipment from a functional or service standpoint.
- Furnishes supplementary sketches or diagrams to aid in accomplishing such mechanical modifications, as required.
- Makes written reports of all tests and recommends refinements in test equipment and maintenance procedures.
- Performs periodic preventive maintenance, as directed.
- Performs brazing, soft and silver soldering, minor sheet metal work, incidental to the work described herein.
- Uses hand tools such as micrometers, dial calipers, indicators, height gauges, and operates portable power tools and machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, pedestal grinders, drill presses, band saws, and belt sanders etc. incidental to the work described herein.
- Works from primary design drawings, prints, schematic flow diagrams, sketches or the other diagrams, verbal and/or written instructions requiring considerable interpretation and application of shop theory in visualizing and determining the most practical procedure to follow for the work described herein.
- Performs related computer and clerical functions such as operating the shop floor control system, documenting equipment scheduling and maintenance records, requesting supplies, materials, and reporting of machines for repair.
- Reworks, refurbishes, and modifies parts and equipment as required for the work described herein.