at Logicalis in Tempe, Arizona, United States
Installs, modifies, repairs, maintains and installs voice, data and video cabling systems under direction and supervision of Lead Technician. Assists with surveying installation areas to determine work methods, tools, materials, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Installs outlets, pulling cable, fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing and labeling cables to industry standards.
- Terminates, assembles and installs 8-pin modular connectors and coaxial connectors, lightcrimp connectors and optical fiber ST and/or SC ceramic connectors.
- Tests copper and fiber (multimode and singlemode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment as required.
- Diagnoses and corrects copper and optical fiber problems.
- Removes and demolishes abandoned cables.
- Maintains and references industry standards including ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local. BICSI and National Electric Code.
- Installs grounding infrastructure and performs grounding tests.
- Performs cable splices for copper and optical fiber (mechanical and fusion).
- Identifies active circuits.
- Attends training and safety meetings. Works safely at all times utilizing necessary Personal Protection Equipment.
- Functions as “lead” in absence of Lead Technician if directed to do so.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies, cabling standards and components.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization’s values.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.