at Northern Arizona Healthcare in FLAGSTAFF, Arizona, United States
Ensuring the achievement of Northern Arizona Healthcare’s mission, the Registered Nurse is accountable for the coordination of care for patients and their families including direct care, patient and family education and discharge planning. When providing care, Registered Nurses follow the process of assessing, nursing diagnosing, outcome identification, planning, implementing and evaluation as the basis for the delivery of care. The Registered Nurse provides leadership for ancillary personnel by being a team leader, serving as a preceptor, and being an active member of the health care team. The nurse practices within the ANA Scope of Practice, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses and the standards of his/ or her specialty.
- Assesses the needs and conditions of assigned patients by gathering relevant patient health information.
- Identifies outcomes, develops a plan of care individualized to the patient and/or situation, and implements the identified plan appropriate for the attainment of the expected outcomes.
- Assesses patient’s progress toward the attainment of outcomes and effectively revises/updates diagnoses, outcomes and plans of care as appropriate.
- Contributes to patient experience by providing quality & safe patient care (as described above) and by respecting patients privacy, and treating all patients, family members, and guests, as well as other associates, with dignity, respect, and compassion.
- Evaluates patient conditions frequently and adapts plan of care appropriately.
- Performs aseptic techniques by maintaining a sterile field while using principles of disinfection, sterilization, and infection control.
- Maintains infection prevention standards.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals.
- Provides direct patient care, in a medical/physician office setting, using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of the practice with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Assists the provider in assessing the needs of patients based on data collected through history, observation, physical exam, telephone triage and analysis of diagnostic data; performs other duties necessary in providing high quality patient care.
- Carries out provider orders including but not limited to assisting with procedures, administering injections, performing phlebotomy, taking patient calls, cleaning and stocking exam rooms, calling in prescriptions, coordinating supply levels, pre-certifying patients medical services, and assisting the provider with all other patient care as requested.
- Participates in creating and sustaining a learning environment supported by evidenced based practice and research.
- Focuses on personal development areas, engaging in professional/collegial interactions with peers and students.
- Work collaboratively with peers and other health care providers, and participating in ongoing in-service and educational seminars.
- Participates in the mentoring and education of colleagues and students.
- Responsible for reporting any safety related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
- Adheres to regulatory and organizational standards affecting patient care and safety as well as all hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Practices in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employees area of responsibility.
- If required for position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
- Completes all company mandatory modules and required job specific training in the specified time frame.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation of assessments, interventions, EMR entries, and patient responses.
RNs hired on or after 7/1/2016: Must graduate from a BSN program within 6 years of hire into an RN position.
Existing Staff RNs: RNs hired before 7/1/2016 are not mandated to have a BSN, but are encouraged to pursue a BSN degree.
Certification & Licensures
Active, unrestricted, Arizona RN License or valid, participating compact license- Required
BLS (American Heart Assoc.) – Required
ACLS – Required
And in addition:
CNOR – Preferred
PALS – Preferred
Employee will obtain and maintain appropriate clinical competencies for the roles assigned by their departmental leader.
Healthcare is a rapidly changing environment and technology is integrated into almost all aspects of patient care. Computers and other electronic devices are utilized across the organization and throughout each department. Colleagues must have an understanding of computers, and competence in using computers and basic software programs.
Requisition ID: 2022-15049
Street: 1485 TURQUOISE DR
Call Required: Yes
Certifications: Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Basic Life Support, Registered Nurse
Full Name: First Last: KAILYN FEDERENKO
Email Address: Kailyn.Federenko@nahealth.com
Shift: DaysTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account