at Sierra Vista Unified School District #68 in Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States
Provide daily school health services utilizing the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation) in the first-aid care of sick and injured, in the administration of medicines and treatments, in providing care to special needs students, in performing health screening, and in conducting health counseling and education. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist faculty to identify and understand student health problems and advise on modification of the education program to meet health needs of individual students.
- Participate in staffing and child study team meetings as needed.
- Collect information about the health and developmental status of the student in a systematic and continuous manner.
- Report and interpret health data to school personnel, parents, and student as appropriate.
- Prepare and submit mandated reports.
- Work with individual, private and public agencies, and to other community groups in utilizing available resources to meet student health needs.
- Serve as a resource for or provider of student, parent, community and staff health education activities.
- Recommend exclusion and readmission of students according to the Arizona Department of Health and school district policy regarding contagious health conditions.
- Make home visits, when needed.
- Ensure implementation of the comprehensive school health program.
- Maintain valid license to practice as a (registered) professional nurse in Arizona.
- Maintain current CPR and school nurse certification.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the site administrator and/or the Director of Exceptional Student Services.