at FlightSafety International in Phoenix, Arizona, United States
About FlightSafety International
FlightSafety International is the world's premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides training for pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world's largest fleet of advanced full-flight simulators and award-winning maintenance training at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Canada, France and the United Kingdom.
Purpose of Position
The Manager, Business Analysis develops, implements and matures FlightSafety's Business Analysis Services and is responsible for the overall success of the elicitation, documentation and translation of business requirements into IT technical deliverables. The Manager, IT Business Analysis leads a team of Business Analysts whole goal is to ensure we have developed software based on the appropriate business requirements that will drive the most value for the organization. The role requires an extensive knowledge of business analysis processes, the ability to understand the strategic strategies the organization wants to deliver and strong leadership capabilities.
The IT Business Analysis Manager's responsibilities include:
* Managing a team of Business Analysts and providing daily guidance for success
* Maturing the IT Business Analyst process from start to finish, including procedures, deliverables, and reporting
* Generating comprehensive weekly reports and metrics for the team accomplishments
* Develop and maintain a close business relationship with the software technical leaders as well as Manager, PMO.
* Provide business analysis services to include eliciting stakeholder business requirements, their assessment, documentation, and translation to technology teams for key projects
Tasks and Responsibilities
The following duties are essential to the successful and satisfactory performance of this job. Other duties may be assigned.
* Supervise all business analysts to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
* Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
* Ensure optimization of requirements elicitation in order to provide software developers the information required for a high level of software delivery
* Collaborate with project stakeholders and project management to manage scope, requirements and organizational change management required to adopt processes and technology delivered by the project.
* Collaborate with Business Relationship Managers, stakeholders, and subject matter experts to define business problems, objectives, and scope of new projects
* Workes closely with the Business Analyst team to create and maintain a center of excellence for the BA team
* Assist in the development of product roadmaps
* Promote a collaborative team environment and provide mentorship to junior and senior-level analysts
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent industry expertise
CBAP Certification preferred
Professional certification in Agile methodology is preferred
8 years of progressive professional experience as an IT business analyst or comparable role, on medium/large-scale software development projects
Experience with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Advanced expertise in business analysis planning and monitoring, elicitation, requirements analysis, design definition and solution evaluation from various stakeholders
* Ability to quickly learn the objectives, structures, operations and policies of a new business area
* Advanced problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills
* Proven interpersonal skills and an ability to influence senior leaders and peers.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing
* Advanced expertise creating documentation such as business case documentation or business requirements summaries
* Advanced facilitation, critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Advanced requirements modeling and process mapping skills
* Advanced expertise with both traditional Waterfall and Agile / Lean methodologies
* Excellent MS-Excel, SQL and Visio skills. Azure DevOps expertise preferred
* Ability to build strong partnerships and influence decision makers as well as process and technology adoption
* Advanced expertise modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
* Extensive expertise planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
* Advanced Business Acumen
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment... For full info follow application link.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.