at Shamrock Foods Company in Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Job DescriptionShift will be: 5am to 5pm OR 5pm to 5am!
Use laboratory and standardized testing procedures to ensure quality and food safety of fluid dairy, non-dairy beverages, sour cream, cottage cheese, and other products meet regulatory and internal specifications to maintain the integrity of Shamrock and our customers' brands.
- Use laboratory equipment and standardized testing procedures to accurately measure and report quality standards of products produced at required frequency
- Interpret results from laboratory testing to ensure any issues are identified as quickly as possible and resolved
- Communicate with lab supervisor, production personnel, and warehouse associates to ensure issues are corrected in a timely manner
- Interpret and submit samples and required documentation for co-pack vendors
- Evaluate raw ingredients and packaging for quality to ensure no sub-standard raw materials are used in production
- Deliver supplies and laboratory specimens to designated work areas
- Clean and sterilize lab area, equipment, and instruments regularly to avoid contamination of samples
- Conduct equipment swab tests to confirm cleanliness of equipment
- Conduct calibration of lab and production equipment at appropriate frequency
- Maintain finished product reports based on laboratory analysis
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Associates Degree in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, or related field a plus
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Able to work with reasonable accommodations in an environment containing major food allergens
- Capable of occasionally lifting 50 pounds unassisted
- Able to regularly work on foot for extended periods of time
- Must be available to work with the demands of the department which are subject to overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to frequently reach up to 52 inches
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family's motto to "treat associates like family and customers like friends."
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That's why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn't stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education and wellness programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.