at CDM Smith in Tucson, Arizona, United States
As a member of CDM Smith’s Infrastructure Service Group, the successful candidate is responsible for supporting the growth of CDM Smith’s electrification and renewable energy service offerings. This position calls for subject matter expertise and thought leadership around electrification, high-voltage systems, transmission/distribution, and energy storage technologies. The person is this role focuses on helping clients – Federal, state, regional, and local across all modes – define and execute clean energy and energy infrastructure project opportunities. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing concepts, strategy, tactical processes, and be able to design and implement transportation electrification integration into changing grid operations and landscapes.
Critical to this role is a passion for, and experience in high voltage systems and clean energy generation and storage technologies. Our team sees a future for decarbonized mobility, and we work with our clients to achieve those goals.
Examples of specific work tasks will include:
The ideal candidate will:
1. Lead and direct the development of analysis, evaluation, design, and development of approaches and processes in support of clean energy and energy infrastructure projects undertaken by clients and customers.
2. Provide advisory and design support services to clients nationwide (Federal, state, municipal, transit, school, and commercial customers), including business modeling, financial planning, planning for operations, advising on program development, design, and implementation, advising on market trends, and quantifying opportunities.
3. Have the ability to educate and provide intel to internal leaders and teams on new policies, funding opportunities for electrification.
4. Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis, including financial modeling, cost-benefit analyses, and evaluation of incentives.
5. Champion R&D initiatives related to green/electrification/renewable energy to support emerging trends and client needs.
6. Lead cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams in developing and implementing complex strategic efforts.
7. Be both a seller and a doer, with the ability to help clients navigate new areas, while having a strong grasp on where we are going in the mobility space.
8. Working within a matrix structure, collaborate with other practices and initiatives across the firm, in order to advance this evolving discipline.
9. Collaborate with and mentor technical staff at varying levels.
10. Collaborate with researchers, academics, vendors, and other stakeholders, including industry peers, system integrators, technology experts, and clients, as well as end use customers.
Electrical Engineer 7 transmission/distribution (high voltage)
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or Electrical Technology or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license. 12 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Expert Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices. Expert Knowledge of engineer principles of design. Expert Knowledge of Microsoft business software (excel, word, etc.). Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Expert knowledge of federal, state and local regulations.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additionTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account