in County, AZ
The Security Officer provides personal safety for all persons on hospital premises. Polices hospital grounds and buildings to prevent fire, theft and vandalism. Patrols buildings and grounds and maintains current information in all security logs.
* Conducts rounds of hospital buildings and grounds to ensure safety and to prevent theft and vandalism.
* Inspects doors, windows, and locks to assure security. Documents all security breaches.
* Ensures only authorized personnel are on hospital grounds. Unlocks doors for authorized personnel only.
* Inspects buildings and grounds during rounds and reports all relevant safety issues.
* Ensures personal safety of hospital personnel, patients, and visitors on hospital campus. Escorts visitors, patients, and employees to and from buildings and parking area.
* Responds promptly to all Code Red and disaster alerts.
* Reports all safety and fire hazards observed on routine patrols.
* Responds immediately to appropriate locations and carries out procedures according to department plan.
* Acts as a liaison with Flagstaff Fire and Police Departments and maintains a professional relationship with outside law enforecement and emergency agencies.
* Accepts patient valuables and lost and found items; maintains accurate documentation of valuables going into and out of the safe, and lost and found locker.
* Assists in making deliveries for various hospital departments when these services will not interrupt security operations; prioritizes deliveries as time permits.
* Investigates any unusual circumstances as reported by staff or visitors and completes Security Incident Reports accurately with all details.
* Completes log to reflect duties that are actually performed.
* Maintains accurate documentation of fire and disaster responses.
* Responsible for reporting any safety-related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety-related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner including the use of any necessary weapons, (e.g. taser).
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job specific training in the specified time frame.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employees area of responsibility.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account