at Phoenix College in Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The Phoenix College Fitness Center is seeking an Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach to join our team in providing a unique and exciting fitness experience for our student-athletes. We are looking for a high-energy, enthusiastic, and passionate person to join our team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about helping student-athletes improve their performance and reduce the risk of injury. This position will require working with student-athletes throughout their entire athletic journey, from beginning to end.
● Develop and monitor strength and conditioning programs for assigned athletic teams.
● Assist in fitness testing, computation of results, and evaluation of individual athletes.
● Teach proper resistance training exercise technique and assist in spotting when necessary.
● Assist in the general maintenance and cleaning of the facility and its equipment.
● Anticipate potential risks of injury, take measures to remove them, and, in the event of an injury, have the ability to implement emergency medical procedures.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the director.
● Effectively and properly motivate athletes to achieve maximum potential in all areas of performance.
● Work and communicate with coaches in the athletic department.
● Monitor athletes' stats on their workout sheets.
● Maintain session attendance and fitness programming records.
● Assist in the training of student assistants.
● Keep updated on current strength and conditioning research.
● Achieve and maintain professional certification(s) with continuing education requirements and a code of ethics.
● Education: Bachelor of Science degree in kinesiology, exercise science, strength & conditioning, physical education, or a related field
● Certifications: NSCA-CSCS; First Aid, CPR, and AED
● Experience: 1+ years of experience working with student-athletes in a group or individual setting
● Proficient with Microsoft and Google Suite applications
● Demonstrated commitment to student success and ability to train and evaluate collegiate student-athletes
● Have a strong coaching background with an emphasis on skill development and leadership
● Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with student-athletes, team officers, coaches, administrators and alumni
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Ability to work individually and with a team
● Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, problem solve and meet deadlines
● Strong attention to detail and organization skills
● Ability to handle difficult situations involving
● Must be able to work with confidential items and understand the importance of confidentiality in project work
● Must be capable of maintaining positive working relationships with staff and athletes
● Must be able to exercise tact and exhibit sound professional judgment
● Must be able to work well with different work styles
● Strong organizational skills required
● Must be able to follow oral and written directions and follow projects through to completion
● Commitment to adhere to all the policies, rules, and regulations of Phoenix College, the Fitness Center, the Athletics Department, and individual sports teams
How to Apply
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, indicate full or part time experience for each position held and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in the resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Posting Close Date
Open until filled