at CDM Smith in Chandler, Arizona, United States
CDM Smith is one of the world’s top design, program management, and construction management firms, providing innovative and creative solutions for our clients and assisting them in achieving successful outcomes on their water, infrastructure, environmental, and transportation programs.
We are seeking a leader who will manage and oversee finance and operations projects for our North American Unit – West Group engineering practice. In this position you will be responsible for conducting multiple, complex analyses on industry key performance indicators (KPIs) and developing annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and recommendations for leadership. Overseeing the analyses of internal KPIs to identify past and current trends and creating reports on trends and variances. This position offers the opportunity to manage the development of financial models, and analyses to track and ensure project profitability, cost control, and group efficiency. Providing management oversight and operational expertise to the unit.
The position can be based out of any CDM Smith office. We offer a hybrid work environment allowing for working in the office and remotely from home.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
- Developing the division’s budget in conjunction with the division manager.
- Developing the divisions monthly financial forecast.
- Ensuring proper revenue recognition on a monthly basis.
- Developing monthly financial performance presentation to management.
- Managing the division’s financial issues.
- Complying with budget and contractual financial requirements.
- Completing financial reporting and review.
- Reviewing project performance.
- Coordinating with the headquarters accounting function for financial issues.
- Developing, managing, and monitoring division’s operating budget.
- Overseeing the development of cost and pricing proposals for complex projects.
- Developing pricing strategy and for major contracts.
- Providing assistance and cooperation to the headquarters function for government audits.
- Administering and closing out contracts.
- Advising division management and staff with regard to contractual, cost estimating and pricing, procurement and financial issues.
- Providing administrative support to management and staff in appropriate areas of expertise.
- Maintaining thorough familiarity with contractual requirements and knowledge of policies and procedures that implement government regulations applicable to contracts, cost estimating and pricing, procurement, financial considerations, and good business practices.
Finance Manager – West Region Engineering Services
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10 years of related experience with at least 2 of those years in a supervisory or management capacity.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Previous experience working for a professional engineering service organization.
- Previous department reporting, financial controls, and P&L responsibility strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree.
- Previous experience with Oracle R12.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
Work Location Options:
Fully Remote or Hybrid Wor