at Shamrock Foods Company in Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Job DescriptionThe Foodservice Events Manager is responsible for managing all events and related activities for the Foodservice business and select activities for the entire Company within budgeted guidelines.
Specific responsibilities include; developing plans and executing enterprise foodservice events including annual EXPOs, customer incentive trips, sales incentive trips, Supplier Summit and other enterprise major marketing events. This position will work closely with the marketing and event brand and production teams from the Enterprise, and the marketing teams from the Branches to ensure success of all events. In addition, this position will be responsible for maintaining budgets and tracking expenses to assure an ROI is delivered.
• Locate resources, visit sites, and lead pre-event meetings to help staff make decisions about event design
• Plan and facilitate event operations including contract negotiations, guest lists, venue preparation, room setup, security, catering, entertainment, transportation, and décor
• Manage and coordinate on-site setup preparation, execution , event breakdown, and troubleshoot any issues that arise on event day
• Coordinate and manage external vendors relationships for alignment and event execution
• Align with event brand and production team to uncover communication touchpoint possibilities and ensure accuracy of event details
• Develop and execute an annual Enterprise event calendar including an annual event marketing budget
• Provide standardized reporting, tracking and analysis for events
• Manage all contracts related to events and venues including the coordination with enterprise legal to gain approval and signoff
• Provide related support execution for corporate events including annual meetings, associate recognition banquets and sales meetings
• Establish event processes and look for continuous improvement opportunities
• Execute project deadlines and on-going project management tasks
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field and 5+ year experience in marketing or events; and/or combination of equivalent education and experience
• Foodservice or event planning is a plus
• Proven project management skills
• Must be capable of a flexible travel schedule and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
Our Mission: At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family's motto to "treat associates like family and customers like friends."
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That's why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn't stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education and wellness programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.