at Shamrock Foods Company in Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Job DescriptionSupervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with all areas of Ground Beef (fresh and frozen) and receiving within the ground beef areas by performing the following duties.
- Interprets and enforces company policies and safety regulations to workers.
- Confers with all supervisors, and managers to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Creates production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by the company for industrial, and/or meat plant accidents.
- Security - Warns violators of rule infractions, such as wandering plant, smoking, or eating in plant, and contacts SECURITY DEPARTMENT when persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts are seen.
- Follow through with associates' concerns in a timely matter.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Establishes or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Advises employees on care and preservation of packaging of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
- Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving and excess stock.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions and maintain harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
- Initiates or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goal.
- Facilitates training and review process of all department players.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Responsible for timely and accurate distribution of paper work to the payroll and support departments.
- Adjusts errors and complaints.
- Reviews production costs and product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of Meat Plant.
- High school diploma or GED or 10 years of experience or combination of education and experience within meat production/processing environment.
- Two years' experience with Ground Beef products.
- Must be proficient in data entry and basic computer knowledge
- Must have the ability running an electric pallet jack or forklift.
- Must be able to understand all policies, procedures, instructions, rules and regulations (including all safety training and safety information) associated with this position which are written in English
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family's motto to "treat associates like family and customers like friends."
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That's why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn't stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs.
Shamrock Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.