in Mohave County, AZ
Job DescriptionPosition Summary:
Responsible for providing transport for helicopter Express Tour guests and acting as Guide for those guests. Emissary for the Hualapai Tribe, relating information about the Skywalk, Grand Canyon West and Hualapai history and culture to guests. Remain with guests transported throughout their Skywalk visit, answering any questions they might have and assisting Skywalk Guides as they take photographs and talk about the location. Responsible for maintaining a clean vehicle, keeping a daily log and ensuring fluid levels are adequate. Will be required to wear uniform shirts and must not be afraid of heights. Ensure guests have an outstanding experience while at Grand Canyon West.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to interact with guests and tour groups and provide prompt, professional and outstanding customer service while providing information.
- Ability to communicate in a clear concise manner while being personable, friendly and enthusiastic.
- Ability to safely drive multi-passenger vans.
- Ability to work in a team environment, multi-task efficiently and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to handle difficult customer issues in a calm, respectful manner.
- Ability to assist guests with special needs.
- Knowledge of Skywalk, Grand Canyon West locations, operations and Hualapai history and culture.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet guests at heliport, assist with loading van and transport to the Skywalk. Act as tour guide during their visit, relating information regarding the Skywalk, Grand Canyon West and Hualapai history and culture. Answer questions and assist guests throughout their visit.
- Expedite the groups visit throughout the Skywalk, ensuring that the tight timetable set for the group is adhered to as much as possible. Transport guests back to the heliport at the completion of their visit.
- Accompany group onto the Skywalk and assist Photographers/Skywalk Guides in getting photos taken and in relating information about the Skywalk and surrounding area. Assist guests at the photo sales stations.
- Assist guests with special needs.
- Responsible for maintaining clean vehicles, checking and replenishing fluid levels and keeping a daily Driver’s log.
- Assist with Skywalk retail, ticket or photo sales when not scheduled for Express Tours.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.