Secondary school diploma, Measurable skills gain
Method of Delivery
Hybrid or blended
Daytime Hours, Evening Hours, Weekends
Instructional Program (CIP)
A. Course Objective:
The Arizona State Board of Barbers outlines their education as followed:
- 1. At least two hundred fifty hours devoted to the study of the fundamentals of barbering, hygiene, bacteriology, histology of the hair, skin, muscles and nerves, structure of the head, face and neck, elementary chemistry relating to sterilization and antiseptics and diseases of the skin, hair and glands.
- 2. At least nine hundred fifty hours devoted to the practice and study of massaging and manipulating muscles of the scalp, face and neck, hair cutting, shaving and chemical work relating to permanent waves and hair straightening, coloring and bleaching.
B.Total Cost of Program (include all costs to student including testing,licensure):
C. Provide a list of all books required for the program (even if cost of books is included in tuition):
D. Provide a list of all supplies required for the program (even if costs are included in tuition):
- Oster 76 clipper,
- Andis Master Clipper,
- Oster T-Finisher clipper,
- 6 comb set
- 3 brush set
- uniform (smock/cape embroidered with name)
- 2 school logo tshirt
- koolant sprays
- shears, razor
- neck duster
- water bottle
- Barbering Kit (kit for mannequin procedures)
- styptic powder
- thinning shears
- 3 blades for Oster 76 Clipper (mandatory to perform all cuts)
- toolbag or box (whichever is available).
E. WIOA Contact for Enrollment Status /Credential
- Name:Deborah Gallardo or Jessica Ruiz.
LSBarberschool@cox.net or Lsbsstaff.email@example.com
- Phone number: 602-243-7248
F. Direct Website link to the program:
G. Additional information: • Background
check requirements for licensing and background restrictions for working
in the occupation:
N/A • Other requirements needed:
10th grade education (Minimum of 10 HS Credits) and to be at least 16 years of age.
H. Refund Policy (provide a summary if Refund policy is not listed on school website:
After the initial 30 days of start, no refund is issued to any parties.
I.Credentials: (The following questions must be answered along with a
supporting explanation for each)
• Industry Recognized:
(Developed and offered by, or endorsed by a nationally-recognized industry association or organization representing a sizeable portion of the industry sector)
Yes or No:
Nationally Recognized Industry Association or
Organization: • Stackable: (Part of a sequence of credentials) Yes or
As a fully licensed Barber College, we are able
to provide licensed Cosmetologist with a 350 hour course, which when
combined with their previous studies allows them to receive credit and
apply for licensure as a barber in the state of Arizona without having
to complete the entire 1200-hour course.
Tuition Cost including Textbooks/Uniform and Exam Fees $7,205.00.
• Portable: (Recognized inother geographical areas; by other educational institutions; or by other industries/companies) Yes or No (Explain):
Our curriculum and
program is fully endorsed and approved by the Arizona State Barber Board which has extensive Reciprocity agreements with many states. As such, any student successfully graduating would be able to apply for licensure in any state of the union or upon partial completion properly documented hours of study would be able to transfer their hours to another institution.
• Accredited Curriculum: (This is referring to the course being accredited, not the test or school) Yes or No:
Accrediting Agency and link to website:
Program Length (Weeks)
Combination of Education and Course(s)
WIOA Approved Program
Latin Style Barbering School and Supplies, Inc.
5 - City of Phoenix, Phoenix Workforce Connection
Type of Attainment:
Certification or License
Name of Credential
Type of financial aid offered or have access to
We do not accept FASFA.
We have Payment programs available.
Within 1 week of Training, 25% of Contract Price plus cost of Tools/Books/Uniforms and Registration Fee.
Within 30 days of Training, 50% of Contract Price plus cost of Tools/Books/Uniforms and Registration Fee.
After the initial 30 days from start, no refund is issued to either party.
Is the proposed curriculum currently certified by an accrediting agency or similar national standardization program?
Yes - Arizona State Barber Board
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for women?
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for men?
$120.00 Uniform (smock/cape)
Supplies/Materials/Hand Tools (not included in tuition)
$740.00 Tool Kit with case or bag
Total In-State Program Cost