Method of Delivery
Online, e-learning, or distance learning
Daytime Hours, Evening Hours
Instructional Program (CIP)
To prepare students to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) or ExCPT exam, and gain entry-level employment as a pharmacy technician.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to…
• Demonstrate knowledge and skills in areas of science relevant to the pharmacy technician’s role, including anatomy/physiology and pharmacology
• Compare and contrast the roles of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in ensuring pharmacy department compliance with professional standards and relevant legal, regulatory, formulary, contractual, and safety requirements
• Describe the steps, skills, and knowledge needed to prepare medications requiring compounding of sterile products, chemotherapy/hazardous products, and nonsterile products
• Explain patient- and medication-safety practices in all aspects of the pharmacy technician’s roles
• Demonstrate knowledge of quality assurance practices for pharmaceuticals, durable and nondurable medical equipment, devices, and supplies
• Apply the steps in the medication order entry and fill process and interpret medication orders
• Demonstrate knowledge of accepted procedures in purchasing pharmaceuticals, devices, and supplies
• Describe the steps needed to initiate, verify, and assist in the adjudication of billing for pharmacy services and goods, and collecting payment for these services
• Describe the use of current technology in the healthcare environment to ensure the safety and accuracy of medication dispensing
• Explain the skills and strategies needed for professional and appropriate personal behavior and interpersonal communication
The Pharmacy Technician Program is designed to prepare students to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE or ExCPT) to gain entry-level employment as a pharmacy technician.
Competencies to be achieved: Pharmacy Technician Diploma
Total Cost of Program:
$3,835 (Tuition $3,000, registration fee $15, Books $400, Finger Print Clearance card $67, Trainee License $65, Health and Safety Requirements: drug screening and immunization tests $94, PTCE $129, Background Check $65)
Provide a list of all books required for the program:
The Pharmacy Technician 6th Edition and The Pharmacy Technician 5th Edition workbook
Provide a list of all supplies required for the program:
Telephone, Smart Phone, Computer with webcam capability, and high speed internet
WIOA Contact for Enrollment Status /Credential Verification:
Name: Carnell Edwards/Program Director
Phone number: (602) 362-2974
Direct Website link to the program: https://www.avpts.com/
• Background check requirements for licensing and background restrictions for working in the occupation:
DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
• Other requirements needed:
Health and Safety Requirements:
Some pharmacies or hospitals require immunization, drug screening, or the release of medical records prior to attending the externship.
Our refund policy is listed on the school’s website and this information is also listed on every student enrollment agreement and course catalog. https://www.avpts.com/refund-policy
• Industry Recognized:
Nationally Recognized Industry Association or Organization: PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board)
Career Pathway: After successfully completing the Pharmacy Technician Program students are eligible to take the PTCB exam (and certification is mandatory in Arizona).
Our students can benefit from the Pharmacy Technician Program in two ways (Training or employment from one of our partners Walgreens or Pillpack).
YES (Our school provides training for the PTCE which is recognized in all 50 states.)
• Accredited Curriculum:
Our school’s curriculum is approved by Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education and our school is a PTCB Recognized Education Training Program.
Accrediting Agency and link to website: https://ppse.az.gov/ or PTCB.org
Credential Attainment Rate:100%
Program Length (Weeks)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
WIOA Approved Program
3601 E McDowell Rd
5 - City of Phoenix, Phoenix Workforce Connection
Name of Credential
Pharmacy Technician Diploma
Type of financial aid offered or have access to
Is the proposed curriculum currently certified by an accrediting agency or similar national standardization program?
Yes - PTCB
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for women?
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for men?
$291.00 Health & Safety Requirements
Total In-State Program Cost
Total Out-of-State Program Cost