Industry certification, Employment
Method of Delivery
Online, e-learning, or distance learning
Daytime Hours, Evening Hours, Weekends
Instructional Program (CIP)
Microsoft Office Specialist – Excel 2019 CE WEB
A. Course Objective: A Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification validates proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, demonstrating you can meet globally recognized performance standards. The Microsoft Office Specialist is ideal for the individual considering a career in Office Administration, Operational Support, or an individual looking to increase their current skillset.
Description: Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification provides industry-leading assessments of skills and knowledge, giving students and professionals real-world exercises to appraise their understanding of Microsoft Office.
Upon completion of this course, you will be prepared for the Microsoft Office Specialist and Expert certification exams for Excel 2019.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, you should be comfortable using a personal computer and be familiar with operating Windows Office software.
Course Length: Open enrollment, self-paced, online course. Student has up to 6 months to complete the 70 course hours.
Competencies to be achieved:
- Import data into workbooks
- Navigate within workbooks
- Format worksheets and workbooks
- Customize options and views
- Configure content for collaboration
- Manipulate data in worksheets
- Format cells and ranges
- Define and reference named ranges
- Summarize data visually
- Create and format, modify, filter and sort table data
- Insert references
- Calculate and transform data
- Format and modify text
- Create, modify, and format charts
A. Total Cost of Program (include all costs to student including testing, licensure):
$1200.00 (Tuition: $1000 and Testing: 200)
B. Provide a list of all books required for the program (even if cost of books is included in tuition):
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment.
C. Provide a list of all supplies required for the program (even if costs are included in tuition):
- This course must be taken on a PC. A Mac is not compatible.
- Windows 10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft Excel 2019 (not included in enrollment). While Microsoft Excel 2019 is ideal, you can use the version of Excel that comes with Office 365. Please note that there may be some differences between your version of Excel and what you see in the course.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
D. WIOA Contact for Enrollment Status /Credential Verification:
Name: Marcela Castro
Phone number: (928) 317 – 6181
E. Direct Website link to the program: https://careertraining.ed2go.com/awc/training-programs/microsoft-excel-2019-certification-training-voucher-included/
F. Additional information:
- Background check requirements for licensing and background restrictions for working in the occupation: NA
- Other requirements needed: NA
G. Refund Policy (provide a summary if Refund policy is not listed on school website):
A 100% refund will be granted if a request is made at least 2 working days prior to the start of class. A 50% refund will be issued will be issued if notice is received less than 2 working days prior to the start of class. No refunds will be issued after the first day of class. https://www.azwestern.edu/workforce-ed/registration-and-payment
H. Credentials: (The following questions must be answered along with a supporting explanation for each)
- Industry Recognized: (Developed and offered by, or endorsed by a nationally-recognized industry association or organization representing a sizeable portion of the industry sector)
Yes or No: Yes
Nationally Recognized Industry Association or Organization: Microsoft
- Stackable: (Part of a sequence of credentials)
Yes or No: Yes
Career Pathway: Microsoft Office Specialist Expert
- Portable: (Recognized in other geographical areas; by other educational institutions; or by other industries/companies)
Yes or No (Explain): Yes - MOS is a globally recognized credential utilized in many of today’s diverse business environments.
- Accredited Curriculum: (This is referring to the course being accredited, not the test or school)
Yes or No: Yes
Accrediting Agency and link to website: Microsoft
J. Credential Attainment Rate: Percentage of students in the last 24 months who obtained a postsecondary credential, or secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent, during participation or within one year after exit from the training program.
Total Participants: 5
Total Participants Completed Training: 4
Total Participants Tested for Credential: 3
Total Earning MOS Excel WEB Credential: 1
Passing Success Rate: 33.33%
Program Length (Weeks)
WIOA Approved Program
Curriculum Competency Based
Online - Arizona Western College Downtown Center
9 - Yuma County Workforce Investment Board
Name of Credential
Microsoft Office Specialist Excel 2019
Type of financial aid offered or have access to
Is the proposed curriculum currently certified by an accrediting agency or similar national standardization program?
Yes - Microsoft
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for women?
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for men?
Total In-State Program Cost