Industry certification, Measurable skills gain
Method of Delivery
Online, e-learning, or distance learning
Daytime Hours, Evening Hours, Weekends
Instructional Program (CIP)
A. Course Objective: CompTIA ITF+ and A+ certification
Course Overview: These self-paced online trainings teach the core skills associated with the CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+), A+ Core 1, and Core 2 certification exams, as well as preparing you to take the certification exams.
This program is designed for those who do not have an Information Technology (IT) background or experience. ITF+ is an introduction to basic information technology terminology, knowledge, and skills that can be completed prior to starting CompTIA A+ training.
Total Course Hours: includes 40-50 hours of online training for each exam (ITF+, A+ Core 1, and A+ Core 2), plus 14 hours of hands-on online labs for the IT Fundamentals (ITF+) exam, and 20+ hours of hands-on online labs for the A+ exams. Estimated total: 154-184.
Total Weeks: 52
Course provided by: CompTIA
This training bundle includes:
• Online Training: One year of access to CompTIA CertMaster Learn for ITF+, A+ Core 1, and A+ Core 2. Learn the required skills and prepare for the test with comprehensive self-paced online training from CompTIA. CertMaster Learn includes full coverage of the exam objectives, plus practice exam questions and a timed final assessment that simulates the real exam.
• Online Labs: One year of access to CompTIA Labs for ITF+ and A+ Core 2. These online labs allow you to apply your skills and practice in a hands-on virtual (online) lab environment. For A+, these Labs are conveniently integrated into the CertMaster Learn training. ITF+ includes separate Labs access.
• Exam vouchers: vouchers to take the ITF+, A+ Core 1, and A+ Core 2 exams (NOTE: exam vouchers do not include a “retake” option)
NOTE: because this is a self-paced program, there is not an instructor available to answer questions or help participants understand the material.
Competencies to be achieved: Certification through CompTIA, Certification of Completion from University of Arizona Continuing & Professional Education.
The training programs are offered STATEWIDE.
B. Total Cost of Program (include all costs to student including testing, licensure):
Certification exams: cost of CompTIA ITF+, A+ Core 1, and A+ Core 2 exams is included in tuition.
C. Books/Materials N/A
D. Provide a list of all supplies required for the program (even if costs are included in tuition):
Technology Requirements - https://ce.arizona.edu/faqs#tech-requirements
E. WIOA Contact for Enrollment Status /Credential Verification:
Name: Jo Ann Sanders
Phone number: 520.626.5091
F. Direct Website link to the program: https://ce.arizona.edu/classes/comptia-online-training#ITF
G. Additional Information
Other Requirements: There are no prerequisites to take CompTIA exams. However, CompTIA does recommend that exam candidates have a combination of training, experience and certification prior to attempting each exam.
ITF+ exam information: https://www.comptia.org/certifications/it-fundamentals
A+ exam information: https://www.comptia.org/certifications/a
Background Check Requirements: Specific employers or roles may require a pre-employment background check.
H. Refund Policy: https://ce.arizona.edu/policies
• Industry Recognized: Yes, Nationally Recognized Industry Association or Organization: CompTIA https://www.comptia.org/
• Stackable (Part of a sequence of credentials): Yes – Participants can earn additional CompTIA credentials as their knowledge and experience increase.
Career Pathway: Information Technology
• Portable: Yes – Nationally recognized
• Accredited Curriculum (This is referring to the course being accredited, not the test or school): yes, the curriculum is provided by CompTIA, a nationally recognized industry association
Program Length (Weeks)
High School Diploma or Equivalent
WIOA Approved Program
Curriculum Competency Based
6 - Pima County Workforce Investment Board
Name of Credential
CompTIA ITF+ and A+
Type of financial aid offered or have access to
See Financial Assistance FAQs: https://ce.arizona.edu/faqs
Is the proposed curriculum currently certified by an accrediting agency or similar national standardization program?
Yes - CompTIA
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for women?
Is this proposed curriculum considered a nontraditional program of training services for men?
Total In-State Program Cost
Total Out-of-State Program Cost